Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Back home again

I had a very long day, beginning with what was supposed to be an early appointment with the eye surgeon. He always runs late, and I believe they just book all the post ops at one time and see them on a first come-first serve basis. When I realized it was doubtful I would even get to the first stage of the appointment, that is, when a technician checks certain things, I made up my mind I wasn't having any of that today so I left after being there about an hour. My time is as valuable to me as theirs is to them, and they wasted an hour of it. I have a separate insurance policy for optometrist visits and eyeglasses, so I will use that to get reading glasses if I ever find someplace in this neck of the woods to get it taken care of.

I had agreed to baby sit my two granddaughters at Noon, so I went back to Jeannie's house. They had me worn out in about 15 minutes. Later on I fed them, and Autumn at 2-1/2 can do very well for herself, while Alyssa at 1-1/2 is a bit messier. She didn't have enough of a nap to make it even more fun. I had her on my lap and she was trying to get a spoonful of applesauce to her mouth - it fell down the front of her clothes and onto my jeans. That was about the same time that Autumn dropped her bowl of applesauce on the floor, some of which splashed on my jeans and the rest was splattered all over the floor. They are fun, but I was ready to hand them over to their parents later on. I was worried about running into a lot of traffic on the way back to Orland, but it turned out to not be so bad.

It took me a while to get the computer and all the peripherals hooked up, but now it's working like a charm. All the sluggishness I was experiencing must have been due to a lack of memory, and the 2GB that Donald added for me have made a world of difference. Of course we went to Fry's Choo Choo for the memory chips, and I bought quite a few other items as well. Here is a picture of Fry's from the outside, and you can see the locomotive breaking through the wall.


I took this picture just inside the door, when an employee came running over to tell me they didn't allow any photos to be taken inside. I apologized and turned off my camera, telling her that since I mentioned Fry's on my blog I wanted to post some pictures. She didn't tell me I couldn't post them so here it is. It's too bad I couldn't continue because there are many train cars throughout the store and the effect is just amazing.


And one more picture from the outside. We took Autumn and Alyssa with us, and here they are with Donald. Because my 5th wheel reminds Autumn of the boxcars at Frys, probably because of the ladder, she refers to my 5ver as "Nana's Choo Choo". I just love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment