Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, April 19, 2009

A day of rest for me

With all the cleaning and polishing I've been doing the past two days, I decided I needed a kick-back day. I did drive over to Ace Hardware and picked up some items to tackle the rust that is forming on the hitch and elsewhere. I bought the Chico Sunday newspaper while I was at it, and sat outside to work the crossword puzzle. It is another beautiful warm day in the shade, but too hot for me in the sun and it isn't even the heat of the day yet. Inside my fiver it is very comfortable with just the windows and doors open. The winter clothes are stacked on the bed, ready to be changed out with the summer clothes, but I don't feel like dealing with it right now.

Yesterday afternoon I was sitting outside with the dogs and looked down to find a tick on my sleeve. Thank goodness I had a light colored t-shirt on and could see it. I know I have tick & flea medication somewhere in my possession but darned if I could find it, so I drove to the vet in town and spent nearly $100 for a three-month supply. I'm sure I will need to use it all summer long.

When I walked the dogs this morning I took them out along the highway, and noticed that the bushes across the entire front of the Park property are oleander, and a few are starting to bloom. There are red and white ones, and they will be breathtaking when they are in full bloom. I can't wait to take a picture when they do. I think they are my favorite blooming plant in California, and they are so easy to grow and so hardy that they are often planted in the median of the highways.

I'm getting a bit drowsy and I may as well go ahead and take a snooze on the couch. I love these lazy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment