Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, April 11, 2009

My Ford is wide

I ran some errands today and found that pickup trucks with dually wheels aren't always given the room they require. Parking lots and lanes, and gas stations were my problem this afternoon. The parking spaces here in Orland are generally much wider than those in Sacramento - and this is a generalization - but I still find it difficult to maneuver in and out of the driveways at the supermarket. On the way into town I watched for diesel fuel prices. The station closest to me had a sign for diesel at #2.29, as did most others I passed. One, a 76 station, advertised it for $2.27 so I thought I would stop there. The spaces for pulling up to the pumps were so narrow I wouldn't have been able to get my truck lined up without backing up and pulling forward a couple of times, so I just backed up, turned around and went back to my favorite little sportsmen's convenience store. By the time I got back the price had risen from $2.29 tp $2.32. I have a great sense of timing, don't I.

I haven't yet opened the fridge or freezer doors but I think I will do it this evening. There is some ice and cold water remaining in the coolers, but I don't want to have to put things back into the refrigerator tomorrow morning when I will be trying to get an early start to Sacramento.

Happy Easter to the readers who celebrate it. For me, it's a time to get together with family, and those occasions are not to be missed.

2 comments:

  1. May God's wonders touch your heart this Easter season. Enjoy the time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't seen you for a couple days Gypsy......were you out partying with the Easter Bunny?

    ReplyDelete