Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Trip to the library

I had to go into town for several items today and stopped by the library to see if they had a copy of the Alaska Milepost -- they didn't. Some libraries carry it, and before I order one I would like to see the size print it uses. If it is the tiny print that Woodall's uses then I don't want it!

There is a very pretty park on the library grounds and I took a couple of pictures. I'm not happy with the composition of either of them. I can't see a thing in that LCD window and wish I had the option of looking through a view finder as on a regular camera. My old camera needs a battery and they sure are expensive, so I haven't decided yet if I just want to trash it. The digital cameras make it so easy to upload your photographs without having to get them developed. Here is one of the pictures, and you can see what I mean. At any rate, you can see that the houses along this square block are very well kept and there are some that are extremely attractive.



Other stops included Long's Drug Store, the bakery, and of course Sav Mor Foods! If I had remembered to write down the size of tire on the 5th wheel I would have stopped in at Les Schwab for an estimate. As a matter of fact, I'm going to go outside and look at them right now so I will have it handy for my next trip to town.

2 comments:

  1. Gypsy...I have a little Canon Powershot A590. It has a viewfinder and works pretty well. I got rid of my big Canon with all the lenses and stuff cause I was tired of hauling it around. This one fits in my purse or a large pocket and does what I need it to do. It even has a video feature on it. It's an 8.0 megapixel. I think I paid about $110. for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gypsy, Have you looked for a new battery for your camera on eBay? Sometimes they are really cheap, and you can tell by the seller's feedback if they are reputable people who won't sell you a bad one. I did get a battery that didn't last very long, and they replaced it, free.

    Also, if you don't like a picture, have you tried editing it in Picasa? You can sharpen, straighten, lighten, darken or anything you need on there.
    Just my tuppence, (2 cents in Brit), Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete