Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, April 27, 2009

Nothing of interest today

I realized that I've hit on a way to gain a little weight - make bread just about every other day! I can't believe how good this bread turned out, and on the first try, so it can only get better. I dislike store bread so much that I rarely buy it at all. Once in a while I get a couple of rolls or a loaf of french bread in the supermarket bakery. While in Chico I found bread labeled "sour french bread". That is taking sourdough just a bit too far - from my understanding it was in the far west of North America that sourdough starter was first developed, but maybe I'm wrong and the French invented it. Anyway, I just love my sweet white bread! When I get really good at it I'm going to try cinnamon rolls, but the main problem is that whatever I make I must eat it all myself.

I have been waiting and hoping to hear from the RV man about the waste tanks, but so far the phone has been quiet. The drip stopped late yesterday, and this morning the ground under the rig looked ok. I have all the tanks closed and have been adding water little by little - so far so good. Maybe tomorrow morning I will release the valve on the galley tank and see what happens, then do the others one at a time.

You may remember my dilemma about how I could burn some files to cd's and free up some hard drive space, but the desktop doesn't have a cd burner. I found a fix that will work for a while until I get a more permanent solution. I download folders of photos I want to save onto a flash drive, then insert the flash drive into the laptop and burn the cd from there. It is a real aggravation because as with every other function, Vista does things the hard way and not the simplest way.

No comments:

Post a Comment