Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Weekend again

Another weekend rolls around and I'm planning to take it easy, at least that's the plan. I did a bit of housecleaning yesterday and Steve & Megan came by to pick me up for dinner. We had a glass of wine here, and then went to Chevy's, a Mexican restaurant. Their menu has changed and the food is really good. It used to be that no matter what you ordered it all tasted the same, but it is not that way anymore. We had a great time and good conversation. I hated to get up to walk the dogs this morning, but I made my coffee and took them out. Now I'm thinking about drinking some coffee and then going back to bed for a while.

When I went to get the wine glasses out last night I realized that as I was preparing to bring them out of storage I suddenly decided I didn't want the risk of breakage or the weight, so I left them there, intending to buy acrylic glasses. I did bring a couple of beer glasses though, because that is what I usually drink. I also brought my champagne glasses - 2 cut glass and two silverplate, so we had our red wine in champagne glasses. It was a nice wine and I will have to stock up a few bottles the next trip to Costco. I don't drink much wine anymore, but like to have it for when someone visits.

I was doing some preliminary planning for my 3 months at Lassen this summer. The two dogs eat approx a 40# bag of dog food a month, plus biscuits of course, for when they are "good dogs". I'm fairly certain there will be no Petsmart stores anywhere near the wilderness, which means I need to thing ahead and take enough with me. I know what living in the woods means - field mice, chipmunks, bears! Where in the world am I going to store it all and keep it from being raided. Can mice get into those big plastic totes?

I notice that many of the bloggers are getting a new look, new style, rearranging pages, etc. I'd like to do that with mine but don't want to have to fiddle with it - I'm lucky I can post everyday and hang a picture up there once in a while, although I don't really know where it's going to appear. And at the end of my blog is a list of other blogs I read, but it's not all of them. There is another page that I see when I sign in that has an entirely different list. So it's a bit of work for me to get all of them read, and if you don't see yours on my list, please drop me a comment and let me know the url - it could be that it is already on my "invisible" list. Aah, technology. I hate it and I love it at the same time, which averages out to "I like it ok, mostly".

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gypsy,

    You probably don't have mine yet as I've only recently been trying to focus on reading other the blogs of other RVers.

    While we're not traveling right now, I'm trying to work through all of my photos and build galleries to share them in, along with resource pages that we and others can use for planning future trips. Right now I am working on the pictures from our week in the Yellowstone area in 2007.

    I plan to eventually build a page with links to the blogs I read and others, but that's a future project. Right now I use Google reader and I've subscribed to the feed from your blog through that.

    Anyhow, my blog is Haw Creek Out 'n About, if you are interested. My wife has a blog that is primarily associated with her quilting, if you have any interest in that. It's called Quilts...etc.

    Have a great rest of the weekend!

    Mike Goad (at home in Arkansas)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure know what you mean about loving and hating computers. Right now I'm still fighting the vista on the new computer at work. I think they're changing it back to XP this weekend. Just a comment on the dog food, our friends have theirs in a plastic tub and never had a critter in it, just be sure it's closed tightly.

    ReplyDelete