Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Blessed hot water!

Well I have hot water again, and it was just a valve that needed to be turned. Steve came by and within 1 minute had that fixed. He also re-attached one of the blades in my ceiling ban. In transit one of the blades lost a screw that holds it on, so he took the other one to a hardware store to match it, and then re-tightened all the blades. With the conditions of some of the highways it's no wonder everything shakes loose sooner or later. The hot water is wonderful to have back though. I think I have valued it ever since my time backpacking on the Appalachian Trail. It was always such a pleasure to stop a a hostel for a hot shower once in a while. In addition he replaced a fuse that prevented my kitchen fan from operating. He showed me how it works, but it does so many things I doubt I can use it without getting out the instructions. I have figured out the fans over the shower and the toilet room. I look forward to the day that someone in a campground asks me a question I can answer, so I can start to pay back for all the help I've received.

This morning I'm going to take my truck to Joe's mechanic for an oil change and to check out the back tires. If I need to replace any I should do it now while I have the money from the sale of my Jeep. We also noticed an oil leak when it was parked at Steve's house, and I'm hoping it isn't anything too bad.

I got up this morning to find Mandy sleeping peacefully in the recliner. I wouldn't have picked a golden beige color fabric for anything in MY house, but I have what it came with and I could kill that dog for jumping up on it. When I remember I spread newspapers along the couch cushions to keep them off, but I didn't think about the chair.

Oh well, time for their walk, then my breakfast, and I'll be on my way to Joe's house and then to the mechanic. I'm also watching my granddaughter Autumn this afternoon so that Donald can accompany Jeannie for an ultrasound this afternoon. I don't know if this is when they find out if it will be a boy or girl. Personally, I always liked the surprise. Before Joshua was born Mike and Sandy refused to find out, saying they wanted to be surprised. You can't imagine how much flak they took from family and friends who thought it was their right to know in advance. They didn't bother with surprises with the second, so they kept everyone happy. People forget who the principals are in the birth of a baby - The Parents!

This has strayed from the topic of RVing, hasn't it? I'll get back on track next time.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the hot water! The more you learn the more you can teach the others, (including us).

    ReplyDelete