Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Slow Moving Day

I got dressed before noon today. but since it's a good day to sit inside and listen to the raindrops hit the RV, I probably wouldn't have had to get dressed at all. I've accomplished a few things though: I ordered a replacement for the fenderskirt I messed up on my maiden voyage out of New York. I'm embarrased every time I look at the damaged fender, and will be glad to get it fixed. The part is back ordered right now but I'm assured it should be in within a couple of weeks.

I also talked to someone at my credit union in Cincinnati, where I've banked for as long as I can remember, and had them add another savings account for me to save for my rv & truck insurance. They will make an automatic deposit to the acct every month and keeping it separate should keep me from spending it prematurely. I'm also throwing in an extra $75 a month for unexpected repairs.

I got tired of trying to come up with a decent spreadsheet for keeping track of expenditures for fulltiming. What is needed is a database, but since I'm an expert on DBase III which has long disappeared from use, and since I have never liked Microsoft Access, I went ahead and ordered the software for RV's. I'm eating a little crow right now because I still think it's double work to have to enter info into the program and I swore I'd never do it, but I'll try it and see if it works. I had a hella time sorting out all the receipts & notes I had for my trip beginning when I left NY. I hope I didn't miss any of the fuel receipts, but there is bound to be at least one I didn't keep track of. I'm pretty good at recording mileage & times, amounts spent, etc., but that was a long trip and I'm sure I forgot at least one entry. This isn't going to be audited by anyone, though, and should give me a good idea at the end of a year what I'm going to be spending. Actually I know what I will be spending - my entire retirement check! I will just be able to divvy it up with anything left over to be called Miscellaneous Expenditures.

Are there are other RVers out there who have difficulty with clutter? I am looking at so much clutter that I don't know where to begin. I guess a good start would be to shut off the computer!

2 comments:

  1. Just something that might help. BEFORE computers I had a little box with hard cardboard labels from A-Z. I put gas receipts under G, Food/groceries under F, and anything else that I bought just put under a letter. Then at end of each week, usually Sunday, I entered it in a journal (there were no fancy ones back then). I knew where every dime went. I still do that today, if I don't have time to enter into the computer. Sunday morning coffee and entering receipts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the spreadsheet program Excel. I worked many years doing major land projects in Excel,.. I can design my own spreadsheets. Re: clutter,... hee hee... you should see my kitchen island! Well,... usually you can't see it! haha.... Definitely need to improve in that area.

    ReplyDelete