Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Settled in

I moved to Cal Expo RV Park yesterday and I'm finally feeling settled in. The big drawback, however, is that I have to come to the office to use the internet. Now that I'm connected to their network I will see if I can access it from home, although I doubt I'll be able to.

The dogs seem to be happy to be back home, and there is a nice parkway to walk them on - the Sac River Pkwy is a paved walkway with bike trail. When I lived in Rancho Cordova back in the 80's we were a block from the American River Parkway, and I believe the two connect somewhere (no doubt at the confluence of the two rivers). At that time there were a bout 26 continuous miles of parkway, and it could have been lengthened since then.

I wanted to wash dishes this morning and discovered my water heater isn't igniting on propane. I already knew there is a problem with the electric ignition and planned to have that fixed soon. I hope the problem with the propane system is merely a trip switch or something easy to correct. I looked under the sink and don't dare touch anything, so I'll ask Steve to take a look sometime soon. In the meantime, I boiled some water on the stove and added Ivory liquid and cold water to it. Worked for me! Taking a shower will be a different story and I may use the CG shower until my water heater is up and running.

There are a lot of big rigs here, beautiful 5th wheels and some gorgeous Class A's. I can hear them arriving and leaving at all hours, but it doesn't really bother me. The place is mostly level gravel, with grassy areas here and there. The signs say No Dogs on the Grass, and of course that's where mine want to go. There is a dog enclosure but it's just gravel and I would rather take them out on the grass & leaves adjoining the parkway.

Mike called me from NY last night, and put my little grandson on the phone to tell me the jeep is sold. The buyers picked it up yesterday and this morning I called to cancel the insurance on it. That will be a few more dollars each month that I can spend on little things for the RV. Steve & I went to a hardware store yesterday and I got some items I need, but I have the feeling that will be a regular occurrence. There will ALWAYS be something I need.

As much as I hate to spend the money on an air card and all the paraphernalia required to use it, I don't want to be limited to accessing the internet here in the office. I am planning to ask Donald (my son-in-law) to go to Frye's with me, a giant electronics store in this area, and see if they have the items I need: an air card, a cradlepoint router, and an antenna. I think that's it and hope someone will correct me real soon if I'm wrong! I'm also counting on Donald to help me select and install a hands-free device for my truck. Many states now have laws against holding a cell phone while driving, and I don't need to get into any trouble. Besides, it takes all my concentration to drive on these crazy freeways!

I have to leave in a couple of hours for Alyssa's 1st birthday party, so I'll have to save reading blogs and email for another time. The office closes at 5 pm and that leaves a lot of hours in the evening! At least I can keep my blog somewhat current.

No comments:

Post a Comment