Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, January 4, 2009

A chilly Sunday morning

It is very difficult to type because my hands are so cold, and there is no heat here in the office bldg. The gas lines are still being worked on, but for the last 24 hrs there has been no heat or hot water. At least I have heat in my 5ver.

The birthday party was a lot of fun, with family and friends crowding the house. When I was here back in September for Steve's wedding, my granddaughter Alyssa wouldn't let anyone hold her but her mom and dad, and now she has blossomed into a very friendly little girl.

I haven't decided what I will do today - probably should stay home and do a bit of housecleaning. I still have so many things sitting out that need a permanent place in the RV. I will no doubt use every inch of space and wonder what couples do, with two people's belongings to organize and put away.

It is so frustrating not having an internet connection in my rig. Last night I read nearly an entire Nora Roberts book, and I have a couple more serious books waiting to be read. The biggest problem is that my eyes are so bad it is dificult to read in the evening - lights in an RV just aren't as bright as in a stix n brix, although I could be wrong about that. I used only CFL's in my house in NC and they aren't as bright as incandescent, but I prefer natural sunlight best.

LATER:
I discovered I was wrong about the RV park being adjacent to the Sac River Pkwy. It's the American River Parkway, so I could theoretically hike quite a few miles and eventually arrive in Rancho Cordova, where I lived for years.

I set out to the nearest Walmart but wasn't sure where it is so I turned around and came back. My kids laugh, but I will drive 15-20 miles to Rancho Cordova to shop at Walmart, Costco, the Dollar Store, Home Depot, etc. I think I'm going to take my truck to my son's auto mechanic in RC to have an oil change and to check on what looks like an oil leak, tires, etc. He's the kind of mechanic who will tell you when you DON'T need something done, as well as when you DO.

Having to come to the office to get online is showing me the error of my ways in thinking I could make do with CG Wi fi, and I plan to get an aircard tomorrow! If I eventually find I need additional equipment then I'll deal with it when the time comes. I carried my laptop here an hour or so ago only to realize I didn't have my glasses with me, and I also forgot the electric cord. I could barely make out the screen! I always use the cord at home rather than battery, so I don't know why it was so dark, but I can see fine now.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait till you get back into chat, we miss you so much. Just an air card would work. I'm glad you're keeping up the blogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the aircard from verizon and it has worked great while travelling. Didn't need anything else, just the simple card to plug into my usb port on my laptop. It is definately worth it...

    ReplyDelete