Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Saturday, Again???

How could another week go by so fast! It seems like last weekend just ended and here it is time for another.

My next door neighbors moved out this morning, and the empty space next to me looks kinda sad. Four Mexicans had a fairly large trailer and I'm sure they were working in the area as they were gone all day. They were some of the few people I've seen here who were friendly - always had a smile and a wave. They never made any noise, but about two evenings ago I could tell they were doing some deep cleaning in their rig, so I knew they would be pulling out soon, and they were up at dawn getting ready to leave. If it didn't look so cold outside I would have gone out to wish them "suerte!"

I will go to the office today and pay for another month's stay, and then it will be my turn to pack up and leave Cal Expo. I'm still not sure where I will go, but I'll never find as convenient a spot as this, although it will be time to move on to someplace new. I will need to figure out how to pad my computer for travel, and I will just put the monitor on the bed and surround it with pillows. That's usually what I do with my laptop. I could put the desktop back in the original box with the styrofoam packing, but I really don't want to disconnect all those wires. I guess i will have to do that when I make the move to Lassen.

Steve is going to come over today and replaced a damaged fenderskirt with the new one that finally arrived. Every time I look at the broken one I am reminded of my first day on the road and cutting a corner too close. I was turning the corner around a gas island and forgot to look at the 5ver in the side mirror, and scraped a bollard on the island. Dang, was I mad at myself!

I will try to sneak in a few other quick jobs as long as he's here. I know I should be checking the water level in the batteries but haven't done so yet. I remember when you had to do that with the car batteries, but I think they were easier to access under the hood of an automobile. I need to buy some distilled water but forget whenever I'm at the grocery.

I made a delicious chicken & corn chowder for my supper last night. Everything I've cooked so far has been on top of the stove or in the slow cooker, and I've never even tried to light the oven. I think this is where I need to use the lighter that was in the kitchen drawer. The seller told me I had to use it to get a spark to the burners, but I discovered a dial on the stove that sends a spark to the burner. Why couldn't they have done that for the oven?

I can't believe how cozy it is with my little electric heater! It's easy to move around so that I am just warming the area I'm in and not the entire RV. I'll admit I've had to reset the circuit breaker a few times - I must not be thinking straight in the morning when I turn the heater on before the coffee has finished dripping. The warmer doesn't seem to take much power at all, and once the coffee is made then I can turn on the heater. I now have the heat directed towards my legs as I sit here at the computer, and have the shirt that I want to wear spread over my knees to catch the heat so it will be nice and warm when I put it on.

The sun is shining so I can easily see the dust & clutter that I need to clean up this morning. Maybe I'll be back to add to this post later today.

4 comments:

  1. Our desktop computer just sits on the floor under the desk. It's not padded with anything and it's never moved in 4 1/2 years while traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our friends have a bungee cord holding the desktop to a chair at the dining table. No need for a packing box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our cpu sits on the floor like Sandra's and ginger lays the monitor (LCD) down on an afgan on the desk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Warming your shirt in the morning is something I do to. We have a Legacy Blue Flame heater & I hold my pants above it before putting them on & then warm my shirt the same way in the morning. I don't like being cold or putting on cold clothes. Often times our little Motormouse sleeps on my clothes in the chair & that keeps them kinda toasty too.... AL.

    ReplyDelete