Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, January 23, 2009

Finding a doctor

I have been trying to find a doctor that I can go to here in Sacramento and get my prescriptions refilled. I take only three prescriptions, including 1/2 tablet a day of hydrochlorothiazide (what a mouthful!) for mild high blood pressure. I have called several medical offices, but they either don't accept medicare as primary payer, or they don't want to accept patients who are here short term. The last place I called asked me a million questions; I just gave my daughter's address and will explain if I ever get to see a doctor, that I am a fulltime RVer who will be spending a lot of time in Sacramento. I think I will post a question on a couple of forums about finding a doctor, and see what other fulltimers do. Oh, and the medical practice with the million questions - I could be placed on hold for quite some time (while the cell phone minutes roll by) or call back tomorrow to see when and with whom my appointment will be. Is that crazy, or what?

I've been cleaning this morning as my son and daughter-in-law will be over this evening. She went through the RV when it was parked in front of their house, but the slides were in and it was cold & dreary. I want it to look its best, but with two dog beds taking up room in about 275 sq ft of space, there isn't any way it's going to look its best! I also need to empty the tanks but it's cold, damp & drizzly outside, and I dread the simple task. I haven't been feeling all that great the past couple of days.

Well that's it for my short break in the housecleaning routine, but I might be back later on today.

No comments:

Post a Comment