Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ready for the doctor's appointment

Well I've gotten myself ready to make the short trip to Mercy Medical Center, where I hope the doctor will be to my liking. All I want is my prescriptions refilled, but I'm sure I will have to fill out a dozen pages with my life history. I really don't know why I should have to fill out anything, since they took the info down over the phone, twice, before they would give me an appointment. I got my Verizon phone bill which went over my limit this month, due for the most part to the time I've spent on Hold with the Medical Center!

I washed my hair this morning and looking in the mirror, it is apparent that I am past the point where I need a haircut. I dropped into the salon at Walmart for the last one and wasn't all that happy with it, although it did get to a point for a couple of weeks where it didn't look too bad. This is one of the few downsides of not staying in one place. Actually two downsides - doctors and a hairdresser.

Monday & Tues of this week are the last opportunities to get the special 40th anniversary prices at Old Spaghetti Factory, so Jeannie, Donald, Autumn, and Donald's mother (Martha), Steve & Megan and I met there for dinner. Someone brought a big old T-shirt for Autumn to wear as she gets spaghetti sauce all over herself. For being such a little kid she can put away an amazing amount of food. She started with a bowl of soup and ate most of the regular size plate of spaghetti, plus some of the wonderful Italian bread. It was almost too much for me, and I had to leave a bit of my salad and a small amount of spaghetti. Megan and I enjoyed a glass of chianti, but Jeannie, being pregnant, had to forgo the pleasure. I really cherish the opportunities to be together. We missed Joe, Sarah & Alyssa, but Joe is back to school for the spring term and he has such a condensed schedule he can't give up the study time.

I have decided to return the Emerson weather radio I bought. The quality of sound isn't all that good, and if I'm going to use a weather radio at all I want something that I can tune in to and understand what is being said. Now I need to decide if I want to pay 3 or 4 times what the Emerson costs to get a good radio. Do I even need one?

1 comment:

  1. We have an Emerson for weather alerts only. For that it's loud and clear. I agree that it doesn't have the best radio sound quality. If we want music, we usually put our IPOD on.

    ReplyDelete