Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, January 17, 2009

The subject is dogs....again

This morning on my way to the doggie walk I passed a man holding two of his own on leashes, and who was talking to another man. One of his dogs began acting very aggressive, which just brought on trouble as my larger dog responds to this by barking and pulling on her leash. The man's dog must have slipped her collar, but at first I thought he let it loose and did I ever go ballistic! He had a very hard time getting it restrained again. He was still there when I came back but this time he was making his dogs sit in their good dog poses, as if the one isn't a *#$@/^$ little troublemaker! At one time I thought pets would be fine in the RV lifestyle but now I'm not so sure. Possibly if you have one of those little yappy ones who bark at everything and everyone and scare the heck out of the big dogs - they would be easy to just pick up and carry out of the way. My pets had their own perfect lifestyle on the side of that mountain in NC with the entire woods to roam, and I wonder what they think of their current situation. I know they've settled in to the 5th wheel like its their own, but the walks outside are certainly stressful for me.

The wheels started rumbling over the gravel before dawn again. This must be the opening day of the sportsmen's show; I looked out my window in the pre-dawn hours and saw a big flatbed with ATV's on it. It's more activity than I prefer.

I need something pleasant to happen today to make up for all the negativity so far!

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there!!! Come on into chat we'll give you positive feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the prime reasons we got away from RV parks & into boondocking. We can let our guys run free & not worry about people or other dog encounters:))

    ReplyDelete