Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, September 27, 2008

My rant for today!

I ended up driving to the RV dealer yesterday, as the weather report for Marion, NC predicted only intermittent showers. Well, it rained the entire time I was there. What a difference a month or so made since I was there last. Where there used to be a field of used 5vers, there was only a row of about 5 new Cedar Creeks. Finally someone told me that they were way in back in a fenced area. I found them, but discovered the two that I came to look at were not there.

On my way out I stopped at the office to find out if they were possibly located in a spot I had missed. I was referred to a salesman who said "Come on back to my office". I started to follow him, then remembered the advice given by JD Gallant to NOT go into their office unless and until you were ready to buy, and NEVER on the first visit. So I stopped short and said "Wait a minute, I don't want to sit down. Just tell me if you still have these models." He said that they had been sold, so I turned to leave. He sure didn't make any effort at all to try to keep me there, nor to suggest any alternative models.

Wouldn't it be obvious that if I came with printouts of models I was interested in, I was a serious candidate to buy? Just once I'd like to walk on to a lot and have the sales staff seem interested and willing to take me seriously, and make an effort to find out what I wanted.

I heard from my realtor yesterday that so far nothing has advanced the closing on my house - she even referred to the original estimate for closing by the end of October. Too bad they upset my California trip by suggesting that closing could be set up to end of September. And too bad I was in such a hurry to get rid of my furniture. Let's see, last night was night #3 of sleeping on the floor. I honestly don't feel as bad physically as I thought I would; my mental outlook is deteriorating, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment