Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Workamping

Ok, I have the days of the week figured out, and I would put money on the fact that this is Wednesday. I went to school yesterday and will go tomorrow, but I think I'm going to have to drop out, at least for the fall semester. All my energy is going into trying to keep my house in order and to sell it, and to plan for the near future in an RV.

I just subscribed to Workamper News, and hope to get a better idea of the jobs that are available. I don't want to be a camp host, but there has to be something else out there. I'm favoring the national parks, COE campgrounds, etc. for working, but also for stays of a couple of weeks or more. I'm willing to volunteer in exchange for a campsite, which to me is sort of like getting paid when you think about it. No cash coming into your hand, but then no cash outgoing to pay for a place to stay either.

All you folks who have been getting more rain than you need, please visualize in unison, sending some of that rain to western North Carolina, which is in extreme drought now. The leaves are falling off the trees, azaelea and rhododendron bushes, and the best we can hope for is that the remnants of Fay will make it this far. The weather people don't hold out much hope for that though.

Nothing interesting happening here - just waiting for a breakthrough.

No comments:

Post a Comment