Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Looks like I'm selling -

I signed all the papers today to get everything going forward on the sale of my house. I leave for California tomorrow evening, and the inspections should all be done by the time I get back in two weeks. But then it will be another month to closing and I dread that month. Snags always arise and I just want it to be over with. I love this area, the view from my house, the people in western North Carolina, etc., and I will miss it. But I've been a gypsy long enough to know when it's time to move on into uncharted (for me) waters.

I don't know what drives me to do things like this, but I recognize the same characteristic in just about every full-timer whose blogs I read, chat with online, or whose books I read. Amazing, isn't it, how much we have in common - not so much in our backgrounds and the walk of life we found ourselves in, but in what we intend to do with our lives from the moment the full-timer bug catches us. And for me, following a love for backpacking and being outdoors, it's just a natural progression - a fairly simple life with reduced possessions and an appreciation for this wonderful planet I am on, and especially this beautiful continent in which I live.

Now I hope I am fortunate enough to be able to find just the perfect RV for me, and whatever I need to pull it.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the home sale Gypsy.

    Stay Safe
    John and Bridget

    ReplyDelete