Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Hey, we finally got some rain!

It has been raining all day long and shows no sign of stopping. It is a fine soft rain and I am so happy to see it.

I had someone here today to repair the carpet in front of the fireplace, where a couple of hot sparks messed it up. I thought he would replace a small piece of good carpet for the damaged part, but the fireplace is in the corner of the room on the diagonal, making it very difficult to piece the carpet. It looks ok to me, although you can tell that it's been repaired if you look closely.

I need to start packing for my Amtrak trip to California on Friday night, but don't want to have the suitcase sitting out when someone comes to look at the house tomorrow evening. I guess I'll have to pack on Thursday. This is where guys have it so much easier, being able to pack 15 minutes before leaving and not miss a thing. I still don't know what combination of suitcases I'm going to take. I will check one bag, plus I will have at least one carry-on. The problem is that darn laptop - it's heavy and I don't know whether to put it in a backpack (and let my back & neck suffer), or in a rolling carry-on - decisions, decisions! I'll also have to stow all of it in a storage compartment at the train station in DC, while I will have at least 4-1/2 hrs to run around Washington. I plan to visit the very best liquor store in the country - about 2 blocks from the station - and treat myself to a bottle of scotch for the trip, another heavy thing to carry. I normally can't afford scotch, but I will enjoy a scotch & water in my little roomette before bedtime each evening.

I mentioned that the house will be shown tomorrow evening. I don't normally even like to drive after sundown, plus I'll have the two dogs with me, and I don't know where in the world we can go for the time the real estate agent & potential buyers are here. This is a 2nd visit so I am beside myself with anxiety and joy! I keep checking Camping World online in Woodstock, Georgia, and "my" 5th wheel seems to still be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment