Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Word play

I am getting so far ahead of myself - I can see me driving down the highway in my monster (to me) truck, towing my 30-something foot 5th wheel and anticipating whatever comes my way. I am no way near selling my house upon which this adventure is predicated, and then there will come the agony of deciding what I can't take with me. But at least I can dream about it and solve some of the problems in my mind, if not in real time.

I was talking to my daughter a couple of days ago and describing what I hoped I would be able to buy and call home. She asked about the truck, and Oh Lord, how I am loving being able to talk truck! Not that I could stand with the boys on it, but I think Jeannie was impressed when I told her I was considering a Ford 350 with a Crew Cab, Diesel, Dually. I just love that word, "dually", and I'm now able to say it out loud without feeling too self-conscious about it. (Her response was "YOU'RE gonna buy a FORD???)

I should clarify something I wrote in yesterday's entry, and that is my preference for the word "journal" over "blog". I moved to a tiny little fishing/farming community in rural Ireland in 2000, and lived there for three years, thus missing out on about 3 years of advances in computing technology. I came back to hear "blog this" and "blog that", and didn't want to show my ignorance on the subject so I kept quiet until someone else asked. I figured that blogging was for younger folks, who also like to "text" and to do something with "blueberries" that I haven't quite figured out yet. I have the journals I wrote while backpacking on the Appalachian Trail, as well as the journal I kept in Ireland, and my motto has always been "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", so I will continue to keep a journal about my attempts to become a full-time RVer. Maybe some day I will be posting my Alaska journal along with the "greats" that now inspire me to aim for Homer and Hope!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting 'journal' gypsy. I enjoyed your describing your Aunt Artie in your previous one. She sounds like a great lady!

    Nice to meet you on chat tonight.

    Sandra_ON

    ReplyDelete
  2. I call them diaries! And, I've been keeping them since I was a little girl. Sure wish they were blogs though ... then I could look up where I was and what I was doing when I was 15. I use my current blog for that all the time and am very disappointed when I discover that the event I'm looking for was 'PB' pre-blog.

    ReplyDelete