Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Getting low on patience!

I am so ready to be in my own space and am losing patience.  I feel confined to my bedroom here, which is where I stay most of the time.  The girls don't have their own room and sleep on a pull-out sofa in the living room, so I try to stay out of their space.  I'm sure we will all be glad to get into our own place, and I'm looking forward to posting pictures of my area.   I will have a large area consisting of living room, leading to dining area, and then to the kitchen space.  My bedroom will be off to itself leading to a patio in the back yard area.  If I get to see it again before we move, I will be sure to post photos of my space.  I don't think I will need any new furniture, especially since I bought mostly new items when I moved into my rental two years ago.  To tell the truth, I don't remember exactly what I have as much of it has been in storage for a while.

The back yard will be completely fenced and is huge, so Rocky and Tito will have plenty of space to run.  I just hope I have enough stamina to take Rocky for a walk every day.  As is true of so much of Sacramento, there are no sidewalks so I will probably have to walk him in the street.  There shouldn't be much traffic though.

Speaking of Rocky, he somehow got out the door a couple of days ago and made great use of his newly found freedom.  There was no catching him until he decided to be caught, and he led Jeannie & the girls on a merry chase!  I knew he would come back when he ran out his taste of freedom, and he did.  But until he wanted to come back there was no catching him!  I sort of envied him as there are times when I'd love to run free of all the crap in my life these days, and people telling me what to do!  At least I can enjoy a scotch & water in the evening and not think about the cares of the day.  I feel like the last couple of years of my life have been such a waste - I can't go anywhere I want, when I want, or do what I want to do.  The only satisfaction I have is that I still have my mind (which I think is in pretty good shape!), and while I never did like to argue, I know the score and I definitely don't like it!   As long as I know that nobody can "put anything over on me", I don't care if anyone thinks they can. 

It is ironic to me that for my entire life, up to now, I knew what I wanted to to and I did mostly what I wanted to do - I think I had pretty good control.  I've been letting go of the control, which makes it a little easier to age, but in my mind I will always know what is right for me.

When it comes right down to it, I've had a wonderful life:  great family - I come from a large family and two wonderful loving parents; seven siblings and lots of aunts, uncles, and cousins.   My siblings are the "cream of the crop", and while we don't all agree on every issue, we love each other dearly and have a lifetime of wonderful memories.

I have no regrets and look forward to my future! 

No comments:

Post a Comment