Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Where Do I Start?

I just don't know where to begin.  Without having any idea what I will be moving into, I have no idea of what I can pack to take with me.  I have always been able to organize such a move and do it efficiently, but it's like that part of my brain is gone and I don't know how to get it back!  Now, if I have to rely on someone else to help me decide, I'm not going to be happy with the results!

It's not like I haven't done this before.  I've made several cross country moves, a couple of times with children, and I also moved to Ireland and back three years later.  Now, I feel so incapable and depleted, unable to make the simplest decision. 

To add to my dilemma, Jeannie and Donald are busy trying to empty out and pack up the contents of a 4 bedroom house.  She has been filling my garbage and recycling cans, so I can't even start disposing of things to try to get started on packing what I want to take.   But I encouraged Jeannie to bring stuff to put into my garbage and recycling cans a few weeks back, so I'm not complaining about her - just the overall situation is so frustrating to me.

Sorry this is such a Debbie Downer post, and there are likely to be more to come.  I will try to find the bright side and good things to write about to intersperse with the negatives in the coming weeks.

I am so glad to have this forum to express my feelings and thoughts, even though people may quit reading it.  I hope to be back to a happier and more hopeful outlook in the coming days. 

10 comments:

  1. I totally understand the horror of moving. The only time Jim and I had an argument was when we were moving. And I always end up in tears. It is the third thing behind death and divorce as far as bringing on depression. So just take it an hour at a time and don't worry if you can't cope. Give yourself time to rest a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretend you are moving into a new fiver and having to downsize again. To me it sounds like an exciting time coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take a deep breath! Start in 1 room make sure you have boxes and wrapping paper. Only take what you need and what you love anything else should be put aside to give away! You will do just fine. Take your time you have done it before and you can do it again. Try and be as positive about the move as you can and make yourself feel happy and secure. Put on some busy music to help yourself out. Good luck can't wait to see your success! All the best to you. PS Drink water and keep hydrated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to ask if Rocky is going with you. I assume so! And, I hope there will be some garden space for you. Tomatoes and squash don't need a lot of room. Then, there's the fact that you have spent so many days feeling lonely. Maybe those days will be behind you? Maybe thinking about these positives will balance the negatives?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Rocky is going with me! If I couldn't take him I wouldn't go. Jeannie & Donald will also be taking their little dog, Tito. The kids are coming by this evening and Donald will bring me some boxes so I can start sorting, packing, and discarding. I know I have a lot I can get rid of, although I'm a packrat and it will nearly kill me to get rid of some things.

      Delete
  5. Yes RunNRose is right about now you won't be so lonely. That alone should make you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are just undergoing a big life adjustment. We don't bounce back so quickly any more. Look at everything, don't worry about how much it might be worth, but just take things you will need. If you want to keep something, ask yourself if one of the kids would want it. If not, leave it.
    Leave everything you don't need, it will be very liberating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. With all the self isolation we've bee going through lots of people are feeling lost and depressed. Top that off with Moving one of the top proven stressors in life it is no wonder that you are feeling the way you are.
    Looking at the bright side once you are moved you will be closer to family. That alone will help to lift your spirits. Give yourself time to reorganize and you will be feeling much better.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could give you some advice but I am the biggest procrastinator there is. I can't even move my things to Del Rio from Houston and I have had 17 years to work on it. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and I are "birds of a feather". I don't know if it's ever taken me 17 years to move, but I know what you are talking about! If we lived anywhere close to each other, I'd invite you over to help me pack :-)

      Delete