Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, March 19, 2021

DejaVu, all over again!

Donald's mom fell yesterday evening and came down on her left hand.  She spent several hours in the emergency room waiting to be treated (I sure know that feeling of helplessness).  So if her treatment is anything like mine, they will put her left arm/hand in a cast for a few weeks and it will slowly heal.

 When my accident happened, one of my readers left me a note on my blog, which simply said "11 months".  My eleven months will be up around the 1st week in May, so I have approximately 6 weeks to go.  Go to what?  I am not sure.  My hand and fingers are still a bit stiff, so I try to massage them and exercise them often.  I can even hold the dog's leash in my left hand when I need to.  I know it is never going to look the same, nor will it ever feel the same, and I wonder how long the aches and pains will last.

I feel so bad for Martha (Donald's mom) as she is just starting out a probable year of healing and hopefully, improvement.  I'm hoping I am just about finished and it's probably as good as it's going to get.

Jeannie just wrote me this update:

"I don’t think Martha’s wrist is as bad as yours, and it didn’t look crooked from what Donald could tell, probably because it didn’t have as many breaks as yours did. Yours shattered into several pieces. They did use the same device with suction cups that they used with you to get the bones back into place. I guess we’ll know more after she sees the orthopedist. I referred her to the really nice orthopedist that you saw later on, after the unhelpful guy with no bedside manner."

This is the first update I've heard, and I hope healing will be faster and easier than mine was.  And my hand/wrist is always going to be crooked.

I don't know when I've been so frustrated over an upcoming move.  I have no idea when we will move, where we will go, how much space I will have for myself and belongings, etc.  That makes  it so difficult to try to sort and pack things, or to decide what I can and cannot take with me.  Having to depend on someone to get me packing boxes, sort out what I should and shouldn't take, etc., is also causing me to have some anger.  The anger isn't directed at anyone, by the way, but at the situation.  And it's a situation that has no particular time frame or any sort of an "end game".  I could deal with such uncertainty in my younger and middle-aged years, but not now.  So the anger is getting to me.  I can't live like this for long.

13 comments:

  1. Maybe just slow down a little bit. I would imagine it will take awhile before the kids will find a new home. At that time you will find out how much room you have which in turn dictates what you can move and what you have to get rid of. You can’t know that now. Just like in your life before it will be done. Don’t jump the gun and drive yourself crazy. Good vibes to you ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

    ReplyDelete
  2. First they have to find where they will live Then you'll be able to find someplace close to them.
    So even if the kids move before you is fine because then they will be able help you and will have plenty of boxes to help you.
    Be Safe, take a deep breathe and Enjoy dreaming of a positive future.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, they are talking about finding something with an in-law suite attached. I really need to move at the same time they do since I have no way of getting anywhere or doing anything since I can't drive these days.

      Delete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about Donald's mom. Glad she was able to call for help after she fell.

    I feel for you...you are in between a rock and a hard place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess if we live long enough it happens to all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your frustration is totally understandable. When I’m in situations with a similar level of frustration (because no one is ever in exactly the same situation) I just try to remember what my grandma Ruby used to say, “It will all come out in the wash.”

    Your children love you so much. They will see to it that you have what you want with you. They’ll help you. It will be ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my biggest problem is that I don't want help from anyone. I want to do it all by myself just like I have since I was very young. And nobody knows what is best for me except me. Always have and always will. I often think I should have died 5 years ago when life was so much easier. and I always took care of myself.

      Delete
  6. They haven't even listed the house yet have they? I know it is a beautiful house and it can go fast or take some time and then they have to find another house. I think you have some time. I thought you said they will bring you some boxes and they will its just Donald had a set back with his mom. I hope she is doing OK and heals well. Getting old is a pain in the butt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, they haven't listed it and I don't know why. I never did get the boxes, but to be fair, Jeannie was going to pick me up this afternoon and take me with her to get them. Steve and his family came over in the meantime and he mowed the entire back yard for me while I enjoyed chatting with Meg. So I still don't have the boxes, but I'm just going to refuse to let it get me down. I'll get them when I get them!

      Delete
  7. Sure wish I had found you sooner. You sound very much like me. Sometimes life sucks as we age. I used to be able to deal with it better too.
    I'll keep you in my thoughts and wish you the best in the future. Including the inlaw suite house. Hubby and I have been waiting almost 2 years. Glad it's not you! ����

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know the old saying, "better late, than never!" I hope you will continue to check on my blog, although I don't publish every day like I used to. Hang in there!

      Delete
  8. Glad to see you sound better. Best forget about the boxes until you really need them doesn’t look like that will be soon. When they found a new house your energy will come back because you then know what you can take and what you have to leave. I think the uncertainty is what gets you down. Good luck and good vibes๐Ÿ˜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid it's going to creep up on me and then I will be in a turmoil. I have a livingroom, dining/kitchen, two bedrooms, and a huge spare room that is a converted garage. I will be in a frenzy!

      Delete