Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Time Flies!

Today is my oldest son, Mike's birthday and he is turning 50!  He told me last week that he thought he was still getting some of my mail that included a packet of reading and membership material from AARP.  Then he realized it was meant for him!

Yesterday was son Steve's birthday.  I find it difficult to keep track of the individual ages, but Jeannie's birthday is between Mike & Steve.  Joe is the youngest.  I'm very proud of all my children.  After going through the rocky teen years, they have all become wonderful adults, great parents to their own children, and still my babies! 

I planted tomato seeds in large paper cups yesterday afternoon.  It was a messy chore and I managed to spill soil all over the deck, but finally it was done.  In moving the trays of cups I let a couple of them fall over, spilling out some of the contents.  So I won't know for a couple of weeks how many plants I will have for all my efforts and bungling!  I'm going to leave the trays on the back deck rather than bring them in and out of the house every day, as I can see myself stumbling and spilling the entire contents all over the floor.  That would be "it" for me as far as gardening goes, now and in the future.  I think my best days and efforts are behind me anyway.

I'm waiting around for a workman who is supposed to come and do some fix-it jobs at my house this morning.  He spent all of yesterday at my niece, Tammy's, place, and told me he would be back to my unit today.  The only thing I'm concerned about is the ceiling fan in the spare room.  Most of the rooms have giant ceiling fan/light fixtures, and when the fan blades are turning I notice a slight wobble of the whole fixture.  Needless to say I don't use the fans at all after realizing they aren't exactly secure.  I wish my landlady would remove all of them and just replace the light fixtures, but that is "practical me" and my opinion.  I never did like ceiling fans because in my experience they all wobble a little bit, and I just don't trust them.  Had I known the guy wouldn't be here as early as I understood he would be (it's already 10:30 and 10:30 is no longer "first thing") I would have walked Rocky.  As it is I probably won't get to it until later on in the day, but at least the daylight is lasting a little bit longer.  My eyesight isn't good enough to walk in the waning light of day.

It is almost difficult to believe that March has rolled around again.  This time last year it was obvious that as no efforts were made to prevent the worst of the pandemic, it was going to become a disaster.  It still isn't over with and I doubt there is anything we can do about it when people won't take the obvious precautions of masking up, maintaining social distancing, staying out of public places, etc.  I'm fully vaccinated now and don't intend to do things much differently than I have for the past year - that is, I will continue to isolate myself as much as possible.

Well, the guy arrived at 1:30 pm, so better late than never!

2 comments:

  1. I get so annoyed when someone is supposed to show up for a job and you wait all day. I we aren't going anywhere anyway but still.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to see you in better spirits. We are still waiting for our vaccinations but we only go to get groceries and are very careful, so not too worried. Good luck with your gardening.

    ReplyDelete