Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Can't Wait!!!

I am really getting excited about the move, although Jeannie & Donald now have to sell their house so they will be able to look for a new place.  It's a good time for me to go - I may have mentioned that my landlady wants to build another housing unit in the far back part of the yard.  That will sure cut everything up and make it crowded, plus a driveway will have to go in somewhere, probably requiring the removal of my shed.  In another year I wouldn't recognize the place, so I'm anxious to get going.

As for me getting prepared to move, I just don't know where to start, and I still don't have any boxes so I can't start packing.  I should be thinking about what I can get rid of, but I don't like to get rid of anything.  Everything I have is a memory.  I've moved innumerable times throughout my life and never worried about it, nor did I ever look back.  I guess my age has caught up to me (or is it me that has caught up to my age!)

 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Gypsy! I know it can be intimidating to move but you can do it. Pick up some boxes even just 3 or 4 to get you started. Start with things that you don't use too often. Like Christmas decorations/good dishes/off season clothing. Mark each box on the outside what is in it! Then get more boxes and continue packing other things that you don't use often. Just keep going and put the filled boxes in the corner of a room. You'll be surprised how fast it will go. Wrap things in newspaper or tissue paper. Good like Gypsy keep us posted how your doing. Good luck! It's about time blog-Kathy Rousseau

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Everything I have is a memory"...that is exactly how I feel about my possessions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you know the town where you are going, go to www.realtor.com and check the rentals for a 2 bedroom house, apartment, duplex or condo to see what is available. Use the satellite feature and zoom in to get an idea of the area. You'll be surprised how much you can learn about a town from info on the internet. With Google street view, you can get an idea of the area by looking to the right or left. If you see a rental that appeals to you, click on it and check out the pictures of the interior.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are moving at exactly the right time. Remember its one box at a time. And then take a break and breathe.

    ReplyDelete