Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, March 12, 2021

The Sunny Side of Life!

This morning for some reason or another, the old song keeps running through my head:  "Keep on the Sunny Side of Life".  It may have been in the Country & Western Category, but it is applicable for anyone.  

Sometimes it's the little things that keep me going and retaining my sanity.  I just went out on the deck to check on my little tomato shoots and more of them are popping their heads into the sunshine each day.  They are so beautiful I could almost cry!  Life will flourish when given the smallest chance. 

On another note, on the not-so-sunny side, I see that NASA is naming geological sites on Mars with names in the Navaho language.  I'd be worried a bit if I was a member of the Navaho Nation, that the Trail of Tears is going to extend to Mars.  (In reality, I don't think the Navaho were sent over the Trail but were always a western nation.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.)

  

7 comments:

  1. The Navaho were forced on The Long Walk into New Mexico. Not the Trail of Tears. Both were terrible things being done to Native Americans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the clarification. Do you know where the Navajo originally came from? The treatment of the original peoples is a crime that has never been repaid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The little bit I know is that it is believed both the Navaho and Apache came down from Canada. But since their history is oral not a lot is known of the Dine people.

      Delete
  3. Trail of Tears was Cherokee, Chicksaw, Muscogee (Creek) and Seminole Nations from 1831 to 1877 from North Carolina/Georgia to Indian Territory (Oklahoma) they walked 5043 miles.... What a horrible time in our history....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly was a horrible time, and I don't think it has ever been properly addressed.

      Delete
    2. And on top of it all, was the horrible fact of slavery.

      Delete
  4. Hate to knit pick but it is Navajo but yes Sandie is correct. Loree has it also. It was so inhumane the way they treated the Native Americans.

    ReplyDelete