Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, March 11, 2021

New Life! (Updated)

I was thrilled this morning to find some tiny new shoots of several tomato plants.  I seeded 30 cups, 4 got turned over or otherwise trashed, and about 3 of the 26 remaining are showing signs of life.  This, to me, is the most fun part of gardening - those first new shoots determined to make it into the fresh air!

I just walked Rocky and was surprised to find out how cold it actually is.  I was warm enough in my jacket, but wish I had worn a hat and above all, gloves!  I think it's in the very low 50's with a good breeze.

I haven't decided what I'm going to do today, but I'm thinking seriously about cleaning out my hall closet.

Those of you who have been reading my blog may remember that last year, probably around the 1st of June, Rocky pulled on the leash and I fell in the middle of the street trying to restrain him.  My wrist was broken and although they set the bone they didn't try to normalize my wrist, saying that would be "cosmetic surgery".  How I wish I had walked out of that emergency room and found a doctor who would have given me a second opinion.  I think one of my dear readers wrote me a note saying "11 months", which will be coming up in about 6 weeks or so.  My wrist still aches at times and is very crooked, but I'm trying to use my left hand when possible so as to try to strengthen it.  I do pretty well and it doesn't look too bad considering.

The sunshine this morning puts a happy glow on my entire day.  I may as well get to that closet, and take occasional breaks to get out into the sunny backyard with Rocky.

 



The 2nd seedling is a bit difficult to make out, but it's there.

I also going to post a photo of myself after trimming my bangs.  Please forgive me if I've already published this photo - I can't find where I did, so I am supposing I didn't.  I hate publishing my picture because of the lines in my face which are so aging, but I can't roll the years back and I sure don't want them to end for a good long time yet.  I left enough hair for Jeannie to trim and straighten it out!



9 comments:

  1. New life - love it. We have two baby doves in the nest on Jim's boat. So cute just like your new seedlings. My ankle that has had screws in it for 11 years still looks terrible and doesn't work quite right especially on stairs but it's doing just fine. Just keep using it as much as you can to strengthen it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I enjoy watching baby birds more than anything I can think of. When my oldest son was a baby, we had a nest of baby robins outside our bedroom window. I held little Mike and spent over a week watching the robins get fed by their tireless parents. It was a bittersweet moment when we watched the robin parents teach the babies to fly right on our front lawn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting to see your seeds start to pop up!

    Your bangs don't look bad at all, boy your hair sure has gotten long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love watching the seeds grow. Every time I look at the cups I find new tiny sprouts. My hair is long, but it can be a nuisance having long hair. I usually pull it back and tie it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a sight for sore eyes! Absolutely beautiful! I love you Aunt Marty.❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you Jen! I love you too, and hope you and your children are doing well through these bumpy times!

      Delete
  6. Wish I had your hair..mine is getting thinner by the day 😩 My tomatoes are just starting too. I have them inside in front of our patio door, it’s too cold outside still. Hope all of us will harvest lots of the red balls 😁 I save the seeds every year, Black Krim, Oregon Star and Verlon. All are heritage tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I should save the seeds, but I would probably lose them or something drastic!

      Delete
  7. Immediately resetting a broken bone to the way it used to be is not Cosmetic. You should report them to the Medical Ethics Board. Now after eleven months it would be Cosmetic.
    Be Safe walking Rocky and Enjoy the gardening.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete