Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, March 18, 2021

Frustration abounds!

I sit here doing nothing to get prepared for the move, because there is so little I can do right now.  I need boxes to pack things in, but I can't materialize them out of thin air!  Without being able to drive I can't go out and get them, so I am totally frustrated.  I'm sure I could have dealt with the situation much more efficiently if it occurred about two years ago, but I'm not good for challenges now.

I don't think I mentioned it in a previous post, but my current landlady brought a man to look at the back yard - my big beautiful back yard!  She intends to build another rental unit down at the bottom of the property - after I leave, I hope!  It will totally destroy the beauty of this place (as if beauty is any consideration); another unit in back would mean getting rid of a shed  and the carport to make room for putting in a driveway to the back of the property.  It's going to be ugly, and if there was anything that could make me want to leave, this is it!  I just love the interior space though, and hate the thought of moving.  For Rocky's and my sake it is time to move on however.

I've been looking at homes available in the area Jeannie & Donald want to move to, and I honestly don't see much that I think would work.  I don't want to live in the same house with anyone, and nothing with "in-law quarters" even comes up in a search, much less as a separate building.  It is going to be a real problem because Jeannie has flat-out said she won't move without me, and I truly don't want to live in someone else's home.  Since the area she is looking at is strictly residential and family oriented, there isn't much in the way of a separate dwelling for parents.  I won't be coerced though, and will find myself an apartment in a dog-friendly place if I have to.

I think (and truly hope) everything will work out for all of us.  It's difficult for me because I am virtually powerless to take positive action to help things along.  Everything I need to do depends what someone else needs to do first. 


2 comments:

  1. Hi -- You can go online to the various big box stores (Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, etc.) and order moving/packing boxes. They even have entire kits of commonly used packing box combinations. They will ship most of the directly to your home. Don't forget to order the rolls of packing tape! And if you don't have newspapers on hand, you can also order flats of plain newsprint! Just don't get such big boxes that they are hard to handle - I used a lot of "book boxes". This way there will be boxes in your hands in a couple of days and you can begin the task of sorting and packing rather than just worrying about it. When we moved 2 yrs ago (I'm almost your age and if I could do it, so can you!) I made lists of what spaces I wanted to tackle first... it helped keep me focused and it felt good to cross off things like "spare room closet". You can also call a local moving company and buy the boxes, tape, newsprint from them - they will most likely deliver it to you. Just think - when you move, you will have 2 of your children closer - right? You CAN do this! Lynn who is now really living near Buffalo NY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping today is a better day for you.

    ReplyDelete