Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, March 22, 2021

Hurry Up and Wait!

That seems to always have been the story of my life.  I have never been one to sit around and mull things over for days and weeks.  When I make a decision I'm ready to go, NOW!  That was back when I did what I wanted to do, and when.  Now I am at the mercy of those around me who like to take their time - their dad was exactly the same way and he drove me crazy, just like our kids are now driving me crazy.

Steve and his family came over yesterday afternoon, and brought their dog, Sammy.  Steve cut the grass in my back yard, Sammy and Rocky had a wonderful time playing together, and Meg and I talked ourselves blue in the face, and the two kids found things to amuse themselves - Liam is at the age where he likes to listen to the adults' conversation!

So I still don't have boxes to pack things in, nor do I have any idea of what I want to pack and what I will do with the rest of it.  I have a large living room, kitchen/dinette, two bedrooms plus huge spare room, two bathrooms and a laundry room.  You can imagine what I am facing and don't know where to start.  And the big issue is that I don't have a clue as to what type of space I will personally have when we move.  I know Jeannie has my interests at heart, and is pretty good at figuring out what is important to me, but I still worry.

I've been moving things around so I can have Jeannie  and her family over this afternoon to watch a special ceremony on TV of Ara's induction ceremony into the honor society.  She is currently working on her Master's Degree.

I've taken a break from moving everything in my living room, so it's time I got back to the job! 

1 comment:

  1. Keep in mind that that when they make an offer on the new home, it will take about 6 weeks for the sale to close. So you'll have that 6week period to sell/donate furnishings you don't need and to pack what you're bringing with. No need to worry about it now.

    ReplyDelete