Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, August 1, 2019

I need a break!

A break from one problem after another.  I finally got to return the heart monitor and take a shower, although my thin skin hurts where the electrodes were taped.

Then this morning a big piece of my tooth broke off.  I saved it in a wet paper towel - it seems like the entire front broke off in one large piece, leaving the back section of the tooth intact.  I sure hope the dentist can cement the two sections back together, but he will probably have a more expensive fix in mind.  I'm not going to spend an exhorbitant amount of money on anything at my age!  Gardening and house plant supplies are the exception to this rule!  And of course, treats for my "baby".  

Speaking of the baby, I don't know how he does it.  He must have ESP or something.  He was out on the back deck and I quietly opened the freezer door to get the ice cream out.  I go for ice cream when I need something to counteract an unpleasant experience, and I figured the dental problem warranted a couple of scoops of ice cream.  Rocky bolted through the door before I had a chance to get the lid off the box, and I tell you, I was being ever so quiet!  I probably shouldn't, but when I eat ice cream I toss a spoonful into his doggie dish now and then.

I hate to ask Donald or Jeannie to take me to a bunch of appointments, and so far this week I've had 2 appointments with the cardiologist and now need to see the dentist.  I'm desperate to get my hair trimmed, but that takes a back seat to all the health issues I suppose.  My mental health is being eroded by having hair hanging down in my eyes though.
  
Does anyone else think that time is flying by at warp speed lately?  Is it really Thursday already? 
Have a good one, wherever you are.




8 comments:

  1. Sometimes problems seem to come by the handfuls, just breathe, cuddle your sweet dog and know things will slow down sooner or later, then we can enjoy a bit of peace, recoup our balance and be stronger the next time life seems overwhelming. I am trying to say, you're not alone in feeling you need a break, and I know it may tend to be discouraging, I hope you can avoid letting it upset you enough to not enjoy the simple pleasures, though. -M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a profound and inspiring comment! Thank you very much - I needed that!

      Delete
  2. Don't worry about the tooth, the fix is very easy. I broke off half of my front tooth last Christmas. I envisioned an implant at $$$$. Nope, he just built it up with acrylic, using an ultraviolet light to harden each layer. In about 30 minutes it was done, and it looked just like it was before it broke off. I think it was near $150, a lot less than I imagined. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your encouraging words. I hope they can do something like that for me. It has been so discouraging to have one thing after another go wrong lately.

      Delete
  3. Yes, time is going by at warp speed!!! It is August already!! august for crap sake.... and i feel time is running out, isn't that depressing tho?? Spent all day yesterday putting together a book for my descendents to look at when i am gone, things that need to be done... who to contact, where all my papers are, what my passwords are... how they are going to figure out things, i don't know, maybe this will make things easier... ha.. hopefully they won't need it too soon and i can amend some things as time goes on....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just opened a joint savings/checking account with my daughter yesterday! Even so, I hope I have a few more years.

      Delete
  4. I can certainly understand where you are coming from sometimes problems just come in mass. Whether they be health, mental, financial or everyday problems if it affects our well being it definitively affects us even if it may not affect another individual in the same manner.

    Have you considered taking a taxi or other form of transportation to your appointments or shopping expeditions?

    It is noon on Saturday- August 3rd and I can not believe how time has flown by this year. To be honest it seems like time is passing by at lightning speed for a while now or at least in my little world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time is flying in my world too.
      Everyone tells me I should take Uber. I should also look into transportation for seniors - I think they may have something like that in this area. There are so many things I need to look into but it hurts my head to think about them, so I don't! I have no one to blame but myself.

      Delete