Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

I knew it would happen.

I fell coming back from Rocky's evening walk yesterday.  I fell flat on my face, and hit my chin, knocked my glasses cockeyed; my hand is cut and my right knee got the brunt of the fall so that I can barely walk,  I have various cuts and bruises all over.  It's going to be a while before my knee heals.  After living in a mobile home park that kept its streets in perfect shape, I am now in a much better neighborhood but with streets in terrible condition.

With the weather forecast to reach 104 today and 106 tomorrow, I'm not going outdoors at all if I can help it.  I don't know what I'll do about Rocky, as he seems to have no clue of my distress.  I had to take the garbage can out to the street this morning, and of course he had to go with me, pulling,  stopping to smell the driveway, etc.  I'm sure he missed his morning walk, but the hotter it gets during the day the more he is willing to just snooze indoors.   Evenings will be a problem but he has a large backyard to run in and it will have to do.  I'm taking Advil for the pain and it helps quite a bit.  I've never been good at keeping an ice pack from slipping all over the place so I avoid it for the most part.

I'm becoming so bored most of the time I have even considered getting a small TV.  I have never been a TV watcher so it doesn't make much sense to buy one and then have to pay for a decent connection.  I can't even think of tv shows that I'd be interested in except a few on the History or Animal Planet channels, and there aren't many of those I would watch.  I have come to the conlusion that I'm beginning to receive payback for being so unaware throughout my lifetime of the problems the elderly face.

I may as well go ahead and publish today's offering, as it becomes obvious I can't come up with much positive news.

To everyone out there - Watch Your Step!

 

9 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear that you fell. On a positive note it happened at your new place where like you mentioned can have Rocky go out to your big backyard to do his business without requiring for you to walk him.

    I just thought of you as I watched the noon news. A woman ordered a green apple margarita in San Antonio and was instead served a Zucchini margarita and was not too happy about it. I had never heard of such a flavor of margarita. Maybe you can make yourself one of those to hopefully make you feel better?

    You can download a lot of your local channel TV Apps to your phone and then project them to play on a television or your computer. If your daughter has a cable provider she can put that on your cellular as well and you can watch for free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a nice thing to have happened to you. Hope you heal quickly. I have a cloth bag filled with rice that I keep in my freezer to use as an ice pack. It stays where I put it. It works well.
    I agree with MsBelinda about watching TV programs on your computer.
    Good luck 👍😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have commented this before. I spent about $100 at Amazon about six years ago for an antenna that goes on our roof. Husband put it where previous dish was, and used the same wiring that was already there. We get many channels. I was tired of paying for all that stuff we didn't watch. I don't think you have a "smart phone", so the phone ideas won't work. But "smart tv's" are relatively inexpensive nowadays. We have had wonderful experiences with three Vizio's. They come able to connect to WIFI. We are not big into TV either, but we are stuck inside to escape the heat. TV helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS. Forgot! The other day I stumbled when I was walking our dogs. The only thing that kept me from falling like you did was I was pushing the dogs in a stroller. I grabbed hold really tight, and did not fall. Shh!! Don't tell anybody, but it seems it is as much a walker as it is a stroller!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear this. Hope you get well soon.When I had my knee replacement they gave me a bag for ice that you could tie in place it's great to have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yesterday must have been the day for falls. I slipped on a throw rug and fell really hard. Hit my arm on my desk. The rug had rubber back g but it must be so old it is worn out. Getting old sucks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marty, si sorry to hear of your fall. I have tried reaching you several times by phone, but your numbers must have changed? Also I sent you a couple of emails. One of which was a reply to the one you sent me a week or so back. Love to hear from you when you are up and running. My email is the same. Landline is NO more. Just use my cell these days. I’m leaving DC for CA on Sept.1st. I’ve purchased a small condo in Palm Desert near my sisters. All this info is in my email to you. Please confirm receipt when you are feeling better. Lots to talk about. Think of you often and wishing you a speedy recovery. Lots of love, Jill Silva

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOCH! Hope you recovery Quickly! Every time we see our doctor, his parting words, remember do not fall. I guess that is good advice, but none of us intends to fall, so just be careful out there:)

    ReplyDelete