Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, August 12, 2019

Rocky is Limping

I noticed a slight limp over the weekend, but thought it couldn't be too bad when I saw him running in the back yard.  Today the limp in still there, but I can't see anything in his paw that might be causing it.  I will need to take him tko the vet if he doesn't imrove soon.  It isn't as pronounced as when he had his basketball injury.

I gave some zucchini to Jeannie yesterday, so I only had to use the container of shredded zukes I had in the fridge.  It is still as crisp as ever, and for lunch I did a stir fry - cubed pork chop, celery, carrots, and onions, plus the zucchini thrown in last and just long enough to warm them up.  I can't imagine how I'm still enjoying it, although I should be getting very tired of zucchini.  I notice two more growing that I will probably pick this evening or in the morning.  Here is my stir fry:  (maybe if you enlarge the photo it will be more clear, but this is about the best I can do with the phone camera and my skills.  It seems like clicking on a photo makes it a little better.)


School starts this coming Thursday, and  Jeannie has been shopping with the girls for school supplies and a few new clothes.  I find it so exciting - I used to love shopping for school supplies with my kids.

I just went back for the last bit of stir fry.  It is so good and not too filling, but it is very satisfying.  I need to get started with  preparation for my late summer garden, although it will be hot through the end of August at least.  I have all the supplies needed to start seed indoors, although I have never done that before.  I never could garden up through November either, as my experience has been in eastern US.

Well I finished eating all the stir fry and would have licked the plate clean if I just did't have the feeling that someone, somewhere, would see  me doing it!

My house plants are doing very well and I bought a couple of new ones  This one is called a tradescantia (I think that's how it's spelled).  It is really pretty with pink tones that look good among all the green plants. 


 I'm trying to get the begonia over from my phone to my computer.  I just don't know how it works for one photo while the next photo will just not transfer.  I wish I wasn't so tied to technology!


I finally managed to add another photo, so I will just stop there. I don't mean to bore everyone, but these days my life consists of my dog, my garden, and my houseplants!

I wish everyone a good week ahead.

8 comments:

  1. Hope Rocky feels better:) Our dog is limping also, but in her case it is part of her old age process...not unlike me:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wishing your dog feels better soon. I don't know what's wrong with my 14 month old It doesn't seem like he has - anything sticking in his paws, so it might be something with his leg. He jumps incessantly, so it could very well be he came down wrong.

      Delete
  2. Hope it is nothing serious with Rocky, maybe a sticker between his pads. But he is running and jumping so maybe not to bad.
    Your stir fry looks really good might have to try that.
    I finally picked up a plant for the house, it had 3 different ones in the pot and I had hoped to split them but the roots were already so tightly entagled I was afraid I will kill the plants. Maybe I will just pick up a couple more but single potted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might want to watch a youtube about repotting *** plants that are pot bound. I find just about any topic covered in youtube, and you can judge whether or not you want to try it. Hold the pot sideways and try to pull the plant & rootball out by the stems. You can often separate the plants by pulling them apart or slicing them apart. Good luck and you will soon have three separate plants. I've done that with several of mine and now have them in just about every room. Please let me know if you do it and how it's going.

      Delete
  3. I have fond memories of shopping for back to school. We lived in Austin, Texas but made the one hour drive to San Antonio where my parents got more bang for their buck.

    Your stir fry looks tasty. The new plants are really pretty. Hope Rocky's paw gets to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rocky is going to the vet this morning and I hope they can at least tell me why he's limping. My granddaughter was telling me that the teahers have to buy the supplies for their classrooms, even down to a box of Kleenex! I'm going to make a donation so he can buy some of the things he needs. When school opens the teachers send home a list of things they need for the classroom and many of the parents try to donate some of those items.

      The stir fry is very tasty, but I wonder when I'll get tired of it. Those plants keep on producing!

      Delete
    2. I am sure your monetary donation will be very much appreciated. As it is teachers are not well renumerated and then to still be expected to buy supplies out of their own pocket just does not seem right. You are good person Gypsy!

      Delete
    3. Our tax dollars are wasted on programs we don't even get a chance to vote on, and to think education of our children is so lacking in funds. Maybe a little cutback on money for defense contractors and a little more for schools and teachers would be appropriate.

      Delete