Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, August 29, 2019

Rocky & I sure are a pair!

Both of us are limping!  I'm taking him to the vet tomorrow afternoon, as I can't figure out what could be wrong.  He limps like he's really hurting, but when someone comes to the door he jumps high into the air in excitement.  Also, he runs in the backyard once in a while - but when he walks the limp is pretty bad.

My knee is still in pretty bad shape, especially if I go up or down  a stair leading on the wrong foot.  I'm doing better though, and getting plenty of rest.

My garden is drawing down a bit - I've pulled several of the squash plants that weren't producing, and I think I'll be lucky to get just a few more.  I miss eating it every day - never did get tired of it.  Today I planted several things in  small peat pots - 50 in all, with 50 more ready for planting.  I'm going to try for carrots and bell peppers again (Rocky messed up my spring planting) as well as spinach and kale.  And I'm still getting tomatoes, most of which I give to Jeannie & her family.  The fall season here will probably last up into November, I hope.  Maybe even December although it will be a lot cooler. 

To keep feeding my need to plant, I'll concentrate on increasing the indoor plants.  They supposedly clean the air very well, and if so I will be happy.  I think I'm noticing I sleep better at night, and even when I have to get up I easily fall back to sleep. 

I just wanted to touch base, although it's difficult to write much because I'm trying to take it easy and doing very little to move about.  I'm still debating about the hiking stick/cane dilemma, and don't think I could walk up to meet my granddaughter at her school carrying a cane!  My pride has certainly taken a tumble in the past year or so, but eventually I'll have to overcome it.  Not yet, though, not just yet!

Weekend coming up!  Hope you're all having a good one.  I don't even know when Labor Day is, but I know it's soon.

8 comments:

  1. I thought you had a Dr. Appt. yesterday to see about your knee?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not my knee, but a wound to my lower leg. I have a bed in my spare room that belonged to my ex husband when he was still in elementary school. The footboard has a very sharp edge at both ends, and when walking around the bed I have often clipped my lower leg. This time the cut was really deep - still hurts as a matter of fact. The doctor I saw said it is healing nicely, which is nice because it's been several weeks now! My knee still hurts and I am still limping along. The worst is going up and down steps - I have to go one step at a time as a child does.

      Delete
  2. NO WAY I would let needing walking assistance keep me from meeting my grand kids getting out of school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I haven't let it stop me even though I limp up there and back. I'm worried that I'll fall again one of these days, so I'm going to look into getting something to hold me up!

      Delete
  3. I hope you get a walking stick, cane or something...another fall would be far worse than how you look with a cane....Lots of cane users & folks with walkers here in our little town. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree and will find something soon. It's my last-ditch attempt to convince myself that I'm still young, or maybe middle-aged. I've looked at them online but can't really figure out which would be most suitable for me - I need to go look at them in the stores and try them out.

      Delete
  4. Your not that old...just keep thinking "middle age" but with something to lean on 😊 My Mother was still driving her standard shift car at 87...
    I have an adjustable cane that I got from our Thrift shop where I volunteer. Really needed it a couple of years ago for some wierd hip ailment that is no longer present...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You posted this on Thursday so I am hoping that today Saturday things have gotten better for both you and Rocky.

    Sending you my best vibes.

    ReplyDelete