Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, October 19, 2017

Yet another good day!

I don't know how or why, but just keep 'em coming is all I can say! 

I decided to paint the second coat on the paneling after breakfast, before going to the gym, and figured I'd add the 3rd coat in late afternoon.  I think 2 coats will do it, and as far as I'm concerned I'm finished.  I'll let my one of my kids check it out because with my eyesight maybe I'm missing something. 

 When I originally painted all the paneled walls and ceilings in the house, the paneling had probably been up at least 50 yrs.   It was dirty, greasy and it took me a lot of elbow grease to wash it with TSP, then use a coat of primer followed by 2 coats of paint.  The new paneling was a bit lighter in color and I had no difficulty in covering it completely with just 2 coats.  

I looked for the paint roller and never could find it so I just brushed the 2nd coat on.  I'm pleased with what I've accomplished, and while the "old perfectionist me" would not have been satisfied, the "new, glad to be on this side of the ground me" is perfectly happy with it.   I hadn't painted but a few brush strokes when I was hit with arthritic pain in my right hand.  I managed to work through it, but I was surprised by it.  Dang, getting old is a real PITA.

Storms are coming in from the west this evening and are forecast to be really bad for Seattle and Portland.   I just went out and took a couple of photos of the western sky, and you can see it looks pretty ominous right here.  We are expecting rain in Sacramento tonight, but it won't be as bad as Washington & Oregon, I hope.  The pictures were taken at about 6:50 pm, pacific time, and these are clouds - not the night sky.



I'm on a roll with 5 straight days walking at the gym, and  I'm aiming for a full week.   I should spend some time working on the machines, but after walking I'm ready to get in my car and drive home.

I hope those of you who live near the Pacific coast stay safe.   And I hope some of that rain makes its way to the California fires.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on both the painting and the walking. I too hope the rains make their way to the California fires.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if the rain helped the firefighters, but we sure had a heckuva rain last night!

      Delete
  2. Don't know what you did to get energy -- just keep doing it. It gives me a lift to know you are doing better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's a permanent boost in energy, and while I hope it lasts for a while I'm afraid it won't.

      Delete