Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, October 7, 2017

Busy Sat. morning

This morning I went to the farmers market, where I spent a lot of money but didn't get many items.  For one thing I bought a good sized bottle of olive oil which should last me for a while.  I also got corn on the cob - I don't eat it often, but it looked too good to pass up.  Eggs, walnuts, and soup bones to make bone broth rounded out my purchases.  I haven't figured out the total I spent and I don't think I really want to know - my wallet is lighter though!  I still need a few things from the grocery as well as Costco.

I did my mile & a quarter walk at the gym - I never feel like doing it which means I really need to do it!

The skies were weird last night.  I saw the moon earlier but most of the stars visible throughout the night were not to be seen.  I could see one bright star or planet in the south, but that was about it.

We are in for some days in the 80's but the temp should go back into the 70's by next Wednesday.  It's always subject to change, I guess depending on how much chemtrailing is done this week.  My car was a total mess from what they are spraying so I went to an automatic car wash this morning.  I usually select an option with several features, but this morning I got the plain old car wash.  It was a waste of money when I see all the grime left on top of the car and in other spots.  I feel like I've been "had" by the Shell station car wash, and need to find another place to get it done, although this one is so convenient - right outside my mobile home park.  The automatics are probably all alike and I can no longer afford to go to the wonderful car wash where they do your car by hand, inside and out.  The cost of groceries is going to ruin me!

I just read where they have now closed the old Tappan Zee bridge, a 3.1 mile span across the Hudson in NY.  It is being replaced with a new bridge which I would love to drive across except for the fact that my drive-to-NY-days are over!

Hope you all have a good weekend.  I will probably take it easy unless I hear from Jeannie about going to Costco.



  

4 comments:

  1. You always sound so enthused when you describe your trips to the farmer's market. I look forward to cooler tempereratures though tomorrow and Monday will be in the 90's. Have a great weekend as well as your readers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't spend much time there because I usually have a list and know which farms I like, but it is so good to see all the fresh produce right from the people who grow it. They are all so friendly and answer any questions, many will give free samples so you can check out their wares before you buy. In addition to produce, you can buy fresh meat, eggs, and the like.

      Delete
  2. You live so close to a "food mecca." If you can't grow a garden, at least you have some great farmers around to help you out.

    We are approaching soup bone weather and I really enjoy good soups. I also put seaweed in my soup for extra vitamins and minerals and read somewhere it was good to add a little vinegar to help pull the nutrients out of the bones.

    Our night skies were blocked as well and this morning we had long streaming fibers on the roof and trees. If you walk into them, they are really hard to get off -- very sticky. They even stick to the car.

    I've about given up cleaning my car. By the time we drive 40 miles and do all the errands we don't have enough ooophf left to wash the car. We need to make a special trip I suppose to the car wash. It is getting seriously dirty. At least it is an off white color which doesn't show the dirt like darker colors.

    We are having a red cabbage, onion, apple, etc. dish tomorrow. My little German friend came over and told me to add some red wine to it. Even cabbage is tasty if prepared right.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be really spooked about the long streaming fibers! I will look for them tomorrow morning. The cabbage sounds good. My aunts used to cook things like that. As far as the grime on the car I'm worried what it is doing to the finish, as it is sticky, hard to remove little bubbles. It can't be good for the paint or anything else it touches or gets into, including lungs!

      Delete