Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, August 12, 2016

Short post today

I want to apologize for the length of yesterday's post and the number of photos.  I don't know what happened, but I was on a roll and just kept going
 
I also would like to give a plug to the excellent customer service from Barnes & Noble.  My shopping experience in their stores has always been excellent , and recently I ordered copies of the new Harry Potter book to be sent to my grandson in NY and to my granddaughter in Philadelphia.  She was following the tracking on it and when it indicated delivery but the book was nowhere to be found, she contacted me.  It was shipped by UPS which I don't like to begin with - they just throw the package on your front porch (if you have one) and drive off.  I'm much more partial to USPS.  I called B&N and almost immediately another copy of the book was on its way via a much better shippping method.  Now both grandchildren have the book, and I'm very pleased with B&N's customer service.

A week of triple digit weather is coming up and I can barely stand the thought of it.

I'll continue my account of the trip back from Seward tomorrow and give everyone a rest from ultra long posts & pictures for today.

10 comments:

  1. Love the header. I enjoyed your post. B&N did a nice thing, my daughter works for UPS tracking and is grateful to only have work the e-mails section. Of course when they are short they will put her on the phones. she hates being on the phones the screaming people do at them and the name calling is terrible. UPS does lose lots of things by just throwing them at the door or not delivering at all. We are now in triple digits again too. Where is winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look at the weather in the hi 50's and 60's in Wasilla and wish I could have brought it back with me.

      Companies such as UPS, FedEx, etc., have great people working for them, but it's the ones on the delivery lines that can cause problems because then people blame the entire company! I think my granddaughter's package was stolen off her porch, but B&N didn't hesitate to send another one, to an alternative and safer address.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed yesterday's post. I will probably never get the chance to go to Alaska, so I'm soaking it in vicariously through your posting. Thank-you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind acceptance of my running off at the mouth! When I get started I don't realize how long it is getting, especially with all the photos.

      I've been looking at the map of Alaska and thinking about where I want to go next time. Of course I will probably never get back, but if I can then I'm ready and rarin' to go!

      Delete
  3. I prefer a post with a lot of pictures. You know, a picture is worth a thousand words. I didn't think that there were too many pictures on your posting at all. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diz. I normally don't post a lot of pitures, for one thing my camera is really needing replacement but I want another simple point & shoot, not one that serves so many functions I don't need. And I quit posting photos of my children & grandchildren, for the most part, but my next one will probably show me and my son.

      Delete
  4. I know all about on a roll and just keep going. HA! Glad B&N got the books to your grandkids. I much prefer FedX over UPS any more. Sure hate to hear about those triple digits. Must be even worse having just come back from wonderful Alaska.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get the best service from the US Postal Service, and that's what I prefer.

      It's going to at least 100 today, and all I can say is YUK!

      Delete
  5. I loved all your photos, Alaska is such a beautiful place!

    I like hearing from real people when they give their reviews of a company in particular when they provide great customer service.

    Somehow we luck out after days of three digit temperatures, we got heavy thunderstorms last night and should only be in the high 90's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .The high 90's sound suspiciously like three digit temperatures, but every little degree lower makes a difference.

      I love to recognize anyone doing a good job.

      Delete