Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, July 18, 2016

The fun begins

Mike and family arrived yesterday and I met them for lunch.  I can't believe the two boys have grown so much since I saw them in April!  All the family went to Joe & Sarah's house in the afternoon and the kids had so much fun in the pool.  Mike's boys love to tussle with Joe and Steve, and Joe admits he doesn't know when to quit.  Kids were thrown into the pool lots of times but they could never get Joe or Steve in.

This morning we all met at a great donut shop for breakfast, although I didn't stay long as I had an appointment with my chiropractor.   It was the same thing - the boys (and the girls at times) trying to get the best of Joe.

Today is Donald's birthday and we are meeting at their house for dinner and swimming in the pool.  The NY boys have been to summer camp  where they had to take swimming lessons.  Both are becoming very good swimmers.   All the kids can swim, from the youngest to the oldest, and it's a wonderful skill to have.

I just got an email from Mike asking if I could make it to the Mall on Friday where we will have a family photo taken.  I love having the portraits made when we are all together, although Ara won't be on this one - probably the first she will ever miss.  We all cherish the one taken just a week or two before Bill died.  He didn't feel well at all, but made it without complaining and it's the last picture we have of him.

I called and confirmed our dinner plans at Straw Hat tomorrow evening.  It should be another fun gathering.

I love these family gatherings.  This old Grandmother Hen just loves having her chicks (and their chicks) around her and watching them interact with one another.  I hope they always remain this close.

7 comments:

  1. It all sounds like a great time together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far it has been superb! It can only get better.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful family you have. Really sounds like fun and lots more to come. I can hear the pride in your voice and rightly so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very proud of all of them as they have worked very hard to get where they are now. And of course their spouses can take credit as well. I love seeing how the young generation interacts when they get together too.

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful family you have. Really sounds like fun and lots more to come. I can hear the pride in your voice and rightly so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your family and these precious family moments. So glad you are having a family photo made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a great time at Straw Hat last night, the food was delicious, the kids were in high heaven, and the bill was less than I expected. They gave me a really good deal.

      Delete