Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Almost ready!

I'm having a leisurely early moring, enjoying my coffee and the last computer time for a while.  The family all met yesterday for the photo taking session, and it looks like they turned out to be exceptional.  I wore a pair of sandals I rarely use and was awake all night with leg cramps.  The photog studio is located in a large mall, and while we were waiting for the photos my d-i-l Meg became very thirsty.  She is pregnant and had started to develop a headache from dehydration, so I walked halfway through the mall to get to a place that sold bottled water!  I'm a good walker to begin with but those sandals were terrible!

After hearing that Sarah's relatives think it's cold in Alaska, I decided to add a couple of items to my suitcase, such as a sweatshirt.  I think I will be warm enough, and since we will be leaving Saramento in 104 degree heat, I am sure I'll love the Alaskan weather.

Yesterday morning I made a trip to the UPS store and they packed up and mailed back all the TV equipment I had to return to AT&T.  i'm glad that is over with.  I wonder what it is going to be like to be without internet for a while.  I get several regular mailings each week from various sources I subscribe to, and i'm sure it's going to overload my inbox.  I could cancel most of the subscriptions and then re-subscribe when I get back home.  Maybe by then I won't care about any of that stuff.  I can't remember what filled my life before the internet came along, but I'd sure like to find out.

With the state of the country (and the world) today, I have come to the conclusion that Facebook, Twitter, Pokemon, etc., are diversionary devices to take our minds off what is really important.

So I need to get a move on, eat something for breakfast, and pack the last minute items.  I'll be back in a couple of weeks, hopefully with some spectacular photos of my time in Alaska.

 

7 comments:

  1. Have a fantastic time and I hope you see lots of animals and burds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fantastic time and I hope you see lots of animals and burds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time and can't wait to see your pictures I bet they will be amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I too could escape this horrible heat wave. I am envious already of you needing to pack a sweatshirt :-(

    Disengaging from the internet and other social media can only add to the enjoyment of your trip. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree that all this stuff distracts people who should be concerned from the real problems facing us all and particularly the Climate problems which I believe are responsible for this severe heat all over the country. I heard that all but two of the 48 states were over 90 degrees for much of this last week. Sure hope Alaska isn't having similar heat and drought problems. Of course they probably think 84 is a heat wave. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your trip sounds just wonderful. Can't hardly wait to hear all about it.
    I have only seen small areas of Alaska. My husband has fished there at least 3
    times and always says if he was younger we would move there.
    Think he's maybe dreaming! Lol

    ReplyDelete