Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, July 15, 2016

Ed's back, dog's gone

Poor Ed - someone brought him back home yesterday and he could barely get out of the car.  He should definitely not be living by himself.  I haven't heard the dog since Ed's return, so I hope someone is giving him a permanent home.   Bruce (who found Ed lying on the driveway) told me that when he went to help Ed the dog tried to defend and protect him.  What a saga!

I spent the entire morning cleaning the kitchen, mainly the floor.  I have a Swiffer mop which doesn't really clean very well, but I don't have room for a lot of cleaning equipment, and it's just used on the kitchen floor.  I used quite a few cleaning pads and after I finished I filled a bucket with water and Pine Sol, got a rag and a scrubber pad, and did the whole floor again!  It looks a lot better and I always did like the odor of Pine Sol.  I have two really wide windows in the kitchen and after washing the sheer curtains, one of them fell apart so I threw it away.   I'm sure these curtains are the original ones , going back to the 1960's.   The other set is so wrinkled I won't put it back on the window.  The larger window of the two has venetian blinds (with thin slats) and they really need to be taken down and cleaned out on the driveway.  That won't happen until I get back from Alaska!  I'm sick of cleaning, and it isn't good for my knees to be down on the floor, even though I have a good pad to kneel on.  Getting up is almost impossible!

The most disheartening thing is that with the prevailing winds the dirt blows constantly straight into my house, and the "clean" won't last long.

I've been so hungry all day long and don't know why.  It's going to be almost too hot to cook, and I'm debating just going to Chipotle and bringing something home.  Their carnitas are soooo good.

I found another Resident Questionnaire for Emergency Evacuation in my mailbox.  I'm sure I turned one in, and now they want another one?  I wonder what emergency they are most concerned about.  They want to know if I have a "workable vehicle".  In case of emergency I will be happy to assist neighbors getting out of the Park, but then I'm heading for my kids!

Upon my return from NY my suitcase fell apart, so I am driving over to Jeannie's house this evening to borrow one of hers.   I wish I knew what clothes to take.  The next 5 days there will be in the mid to upper 70's and I don't think I'll need a swim suit!

6 comments:

  1. Cleaning is such an unrewarding activity because no matter how thorough you are it seems like it looks dirty again almost immediately. I never understand these people whose houses are always immaculate. How do they do it unless they have a live in maid walking around after them constantly cleaning?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the feeling that people whose houses are always immaculate just squirrel their junk away and out of sight. Keeping things clean is another matter and I don't know how anyone does it.

      Delete
  2. I agree this cleaning thing is a pain. No matter how I try this place is always full of dust. It is very unrewarding indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's because the climate is so much drier and with lack of rain, the dirt just blows everywhere. I can't believe how fast the film of dirt settles on everything around. It doesn't make you want to clean when you know it won't stay clean 24 hours!

      Delete
  3. I am just now catching up with your blog. So sorry to hear about Ed, but I guess that dog barking might have saved his life. I do not like to clean either but what choice do I have? :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel really bad for him too. I know he couldn't have been happy with the constant barking, but you're probably right that it saved Ed's life. I hope someone can take the dog who will love and spoil him, and give him a good life.

      Delete