Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Trouble next door

At 10 pm last night I heard Ed's dog barking non-stop.   Soon after, my neighbor from the other side knocked on my door and told me that they had gone over to see what was the problem with the dog, and found Ed lying in the driveway, incoherent.  They called 911 for assistance and the fire department arrived soon after.   After quite a while they brought Ed  out on a stretcher, but he was propped into a sitting position so I felt he must  be coherent at least.   Everyone finally left and I closed the windows on that side of the house to try to drown out the barking, to no avail.  The neighbor who helped told me he went over at 6:30 this mornning and walked the dog but it stayed inside alone for most of the day.  A young woman, maybe Ed's daughter or granddaughter drove up and helped him out of the car, so I assume he is doing better.   I don't know if the heat got to him or what but I feel bad for him.  He's younger than I am by a few years.  Thank goodness for Bruce and his partner.  I know the constant barking from there and from the dog park is really irritating to him , but he sure came through in an emergency.

I got an email this morning to confirm the changes to my AT&T account.  It was written in the way the techs speak - around in circles - so I called to make sure what I was getting and was assured everything is fine.

I was on my hands and knees this morning cleaning the floor in the living room, so it will just be a matter of clearing the clutter.  The kitchen is a total mess and that's my goal for tomorrow.  The problem is that if I stay in the house for even a day the clutter starts to appear.  I think I have some mischevious fairies!

It is in the 3-digit temperature range now but I'm planning to go to the gym.  I need to do something for me right now.  We have had two evenings with no Delta breeze, so it is just plain uncomfortable.  Thankfully next week when all the company comes we'll be back in the high 80's/lower 90's.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like that barking dog may have saved Ed's life. This heat is nothing nice. I try to get out early in the morning so at least I have a break from being cooped up in the house all the time. Sure happy I am going to the exercise class 3 times a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may be right about the dog, although Ed can't take very good care of himself much less give a pet the love and care it needs. I love going to the gym but the weather just saps my energy before I even start.

      Delete
  2. You need to retrain those mischievous fairies to do your cleaning instead of making a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With your big heart I'm surprised you haven't taken your neighbors dog.
    Just kidding, but I do feel very sorry for the poor thing.
    These are always hard situations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love dogs but would have a lot of trouble dealing with a little one. They just bark too much, and I'm used to a black lab or a shepherd. I really feel sorry for Ed's dog though, and so many of the folks in this Park love the little ones I just wish one of them would take it.

      Delete
  4. Oh 3 digits...ugg. I have those same fairies here. I guess it is lucky the dog barked and barked since it made someone cone but the barking would drive me crazy. Hope your neighbor is better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh 3 digits...ugg. I have those same fairies here. I guess it is lucky the dog barked and barked since it made someone cone but the barking would drive me crazy. Hope your neighbor is better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope he is feeling better today. He probably shouldn't be living alone, but like most of us we want to hold on to our independence.

      Delete