Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Another fall

Her Grace, Lady Gypsy, made it into the house through the side door carrying a package of 40 bottles of water, when something happened to make her lurch forward.  I hit my knees, the pack of water hit the floor, and we slid a few inches towards the wall.  After some very bad language I managed to get myself up, which isn't easy in the best of circumstances.  I think one of the bottles is leaking now but I can't figure out which one.

Why did I buy 40 bottles of water?  It was the only spring water being sold, and I don't pay for purified water.  I have a Pur pitcher in my fridge, as well as a Brita on the countertop, and I purify my own water.  But I will be having company in and out this coming week and it's easier to hand someone a bottle of water than to get a glass out of the cabinet.

I have invited my sister and her husband to just stay here through the following weekend.  They will be here overnight for the pizza party, but my niece is in town from New York and my other sister is having a party for her on Saturday.  I'll be at the airport ready to board a plane.  So rather than Julie stay over on Tuesday night, travel back to Nevada and then return on Saturday which just seems like a waste of energy, I asked her to stay here.  I haven't heard back from her yet, but I went ahead and got a few things in for breakfast and lunch that they can fix.  I was trying to empty my fridge as I usually do when I will be traveling, so I may send her back home with the stuff left over.  I'm not going to cook a dinner for myself or anyone else, as I usually become a little crazy before I travel and I would no doubt create a disaster if I turned on the stove!

It's a bit cooler today but still hot especially coming from an air conditioned store.

I am pretty sure I won't take my computer with me to Alaska.  It will be good to be without it for a while, and I hope I have lots to do so that I won't  even think about it.

8 comments:

  1. Hope you are alright tomorrow falls can take a day or 2 to rear their ugly head. That was a lot of weight you were carring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My knee aches but it doesn't have any cuts or bruises. I will be ok eventually.

      Delete
  2. Do be careful, Gypsy. Wouldn't want you to get seriously hurt. Hope your trip to Alaska is wonderful in every way. Will be looking forward to stories when you get back. Surely you will have a camera? If not you, the kids probably will. Safe journeys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my knee will be fine by next week. I have a camera and will take some extra batteries.

      Delete
  3. I've been away from my computer and when I saw your title I feared the worst. So glad you only slid and nothing was damaged. You have quite the social life coming up and all right before a trip. Sounds like a lot of fun times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to be exhausted by the end of the week, and being around my kids & grandkids there is a lot of energy that is being generated. I wouldn't miss a minute of it though. they are so much fun.

      Delete
  4. I am excited for you, that is, your trip to Alaska. Not the recent fall. I hope you have recovered and not sore. I look forward to hearing about your experience.. Take care and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much - I know I am going to enjoy this trip. I will be feeling fine.

      Delete