Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Dealing with AT&T

I called AT&T back this morning and got a representative who was so helpful and understood what I want and need.  I arranged to cancel my TV and house phone (the phone I could never use because all I got were telemarketing calls) as of July 23.  I will keep my internet for $50/month, which is hard for me to believe and suspect they might try to raise the price later on.  I will be on a one-year contract - there is no way around it as even the Verizon MiFi has a 2-year contract.  I have mostly been satisfied with my internet service from AT&T.  

I have to return the receiver box plus the cord by taking it to a UPS location where they will box it up and send it back to AT&T.  I won't be here then, but I hope to get Donald or Steve to take it to UPS for me.  Every one of my dealings with AT&T has been fraught with disappointments and irritations, but maybe this one will go smoothly.  I hope.

This morning I began clearing my kitchen countertops and cleaning them by sections.  At one point I walked into the living room where I saw the Dirt Devil (vacuum) sitting by the front door.  So I plugged it in and started vacuuming the front porch - about a third of the way through I remembered the kitchen countertops, left the vacuum on the porch, and resumed my kitchen cleaning.  After another section was cleaned I returned to the porch and finished it.  Why in the hell can't I stick to one thing at a time!  It is so frustrating.  I finally finished the countertops which are looking much better, but now I need to tackle the floor.  That is the worst job because all the finish on the linoleum is worn away and it gets dirty immediately so I know I'll have to do it again before company comes next week.

I keep an eye on the weather in Alaska and just now checked the 1st 5 days we will be there.  Low 70's and precipitation/cloudy conditions.   I know what low 70's feels like here in Sacramento which is usually dry, but wonder how I can determine what clothes to take for 70's with rain.    If anyone has advice or suggestions, I'm open. 

5 comments:

  1. I do the same thing when I clean I never finish one thing before I start something else. I drive myself crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm relieved to know I'm not the only one!

      Delete
  2. Glad to here it seems like you had a good rep at AT&T. At least with a contract they can't raise your rate for a year, can they? Our contract with Verizon ran out some time ago and now our rate seems to go up a few dollars every month. Very aggrevating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to here it seems like you had a good rep at AT&T. At least with a contract they can't raise your rate for a year, can they? Our contract with Verizon ran out some time ago and now our rate seems to go up a few dollars every month. Very aggrevating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just received a confirmation email from AT&T. It was written just like most of the reps talk - in circles and confusin - so I called them again to make sure. The rep checked and assured me I was only going to have internet at $49/month (to which they will probably ad $15 or 20 worth of misc charges). They shouldn't be raising the rate while i'm under contract but it seems they can do anything they want. My current service started out at about $134/mo, but rose to $144 during the past 6 months.

      Delete