Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Welcome Rain

I don't like the cold associated with it, but the rain is very welcome.  I have the feeling it will cause problems in areas that have frequent mudslides, as well as areas that were burned the last year or so.  It is interesting to look at the weather report showing El Nino and the bands of "weather" coming in, one right after another, from the Pacific.  They are lined up and ready to pour the moisture on us.  I just wish it wasn't so cold.

I've been out of the house twice today - once to go to the gym, and the second time to go work at the library.  My boss wasn't there, so I continued a job she had given me and only worked one hour.  I will begin working an extra hour or so maybe starting next week.  I get my eyes examined for new glasses tomorrow, and I really hope there will be some improvement in my ability to read.

My appointment isn't until after 3 pm, which is late in the day for me to be driving in the area of the opthamologist's office.  It's not so bad during morning hours, but I will probably hit the early "driving home from work" traffic when returning.  And of course it will be another rainy day.

I'm sure many of you have heard of Marie Kondo's book, "The life-changing magic of tidying up".  It has made a strong impact on everyone I know who has read it, and I certainly need something to impact me regarding tidying up!  I just checked my library account, and I am now 148 of 424 holds for the book.  I was on the list before I went to NY in September, but cancelled it just in case it might be my turn before I got back.  Kondo now has written a second book along the same lines, so maybe I should get in line for that one as well.

I almost feel like taking a nap right now, but if I do I will stay up a bit later and that throws off the whole next day!  

6 comments:

  1. You have inspired me to volunteer at the library here at Jojoba. I go in for training on Saturday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naps can mess a person up so that they can't get to sleep at night. I have been unable to get to sleep before the wee hours of the morning and then sleep in late. Not a good habit to get into.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rain good. Cold bad. Yep I feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are getting some rain. Maybe it will move from Florida to California. But I hope the warmer temperatures come with it to you. I feel the same way about naps. I am so sleepy about 3:30 or 4:00 but if I nap then I'm awake too late, sleep too late and the whole next day is off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can read that book with Amazon Prime for Kindle for free.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The various YouTube videos on how to fold clothes and the other 'steps' of tidying up are a good place to start while waiting for the book. That is all I've done. I do still fold some of my clothes the way she recommends. Of course, you don't get all the psychology behind it that way.

    ReplyDelete