Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

A challenge for me

Somewhere recently I read that it is good to try to eliminate all negativity for 24 hrs.   I am mostly positive so I thought I would take on this challenge, which I did yesterday.  I found myself dropping something and saying things like "Oh crap!"  I guess in the long run that is a negative response, and I would catch myself and then say "I didn't mean it"!  Wonder if anyone was listening :-)

I think I will try to do this again, maybe on a regular basis.  I need to wait until I feel a little better though.

I usually sleep very well at night, but for some reason I woke up in the middle of last night with difficulty breathing.  I know I have COPD and will eventually have to use an inhaler.  I've filled several prescriptions for an inhaler over the past 10 years but have never once used one.  Too many instructions and things to remember to do, distance to maintain, etc.  My brain revolts when presented with things like that!  I refused to look at the clock but would say I finally went back to a deeper sleep after about an hour.  To make matters worse, I think I'm coming down with a cold, and maybe that's affecting my breathing.

I'm posting a picture of me in roller skates back in mid-December.  I look pretty graceful on skates while I'm standing still on the carpet!  (Click on photo to enlarge)



It is going to be a beautiful sunshiny day today, possibly reaching a warm 60F.  I work at the library in a couple of hours, so moving at my snail's pace I'd better start to get ready.

6 comments:

  1. The best time to use an inhaler is before bed. The only recommendation I would give on the use is wait 10 to 15 minutes between puffs to give the first puff time to start relaxing the airways, so the second puff gets deeper in the lungs. You really will sleep better if you can breathe. I don't worry about spacing either or you can get a spacer to go on your inhaler which is what my sister has. Works either way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim just uses his whenever he feels he needs it. He also has a CPAP machine. Anything to help him breath better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim just uses his whenever he feels he needs it. He also has a CPAP machine. Anything to help him breath better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know you had COPD. I thought mostly heavy people had it. But heaven knows with all the pollutants in the air it won't be that long before none of us can breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know you had COPD. I thought mostly heavy people had it. But heaven knows with all the pollutants in the air it won't be that long before none of us can breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I had to be positive all the time, I might burst something:) Standing still is about the only way I could stay upon Rollerblade's.

    ReplyDelete