Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, January 11, 2016

Quiet Monday UPDATE

Yesterday was my sister's birthday and I took her to Outback for a late lunch/early dinner.  Neither one of us has any business driving after dark, so this worked out perfectly.  I enjoyed the loaded baked potato and creamy chicken soup with crispy tortilla strips, and could have stopped there.  I can't remember when I last ate a steak, so I got a 7 oz something or other.  It was ok, but I don't want any more steak for years to come.  I didn't feel all that well the rest of the day and through the night.  Amy enjoyed her meal and ended up with a sinful dessert of something made with ice cream, cake, syrup and lord only knows what else.

This morning my good sense was screaming to me to stay home, but my bull-headedness told me "Ya got to go climb back on the horse what throwed ya!"  As usual, I listen to bull-headedness before common sense.  I can't say I felt very good, but I'm glad I did it anyway.  My ribs on the right side are what hurt, and deep breathing, coughing, and sneezing are a nightmare.  But I had a much kinder, gentler horse today!

After spending the past hour juicing some ingredients that needed to be used soon, I came up with a really delicious batch.  But I'm about to die from the pain in my ribs!  (Of course, that is an exaggeration.)  I plan to steam some tamales for my lunch that I bought at Costco, but I will delay having them and just rest for a while. 

UPDATE:
I just received an email that I think really hits the nail on the head, and I decided to send it to everyone I know.  I don't like to get political, but this is not related to any political party but to all of them.

         THE DEBT CEILING I love it when a complicated situation can be explained in such simple terms!

   Democrats don't understand THE DEBT CEILING
   Republicans don't understand THE DEBT CEILING
   Liberals don't understand THE DEBT CEILING
   NO ONE understands THE DEBT CEILING


SO, allow me to explain.
oowow me to
​ ​
Let's say you come home from work and find there has been a sewer backup in your neighborhood. Your home has sewage all the way up to your ceiling.
  What do you think you should do --
1.  Raise the ceiling, or
2.  Pump out the shit?
 
Your choice is coming November 2016       

6 comments:

  1. I am glad you survived your family dysfunction.. I know I will to, it just doesn't 'feel' like I will at times, you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gypsy, live the update, we shall see. . .Becki

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like "THE DEBT CEILIN". Hope you get feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL at the comparison. Sure hope you don't have a cracked rib.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad your horse was gentler this time. It may take awhile before those ribs stop hurting. A long while. Great explanation of the debt ceiling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You probably had a bad reaction to the MSG, meat tenderizer, or meat glue on your "steak" . Like you said it was a 7 oz something or other. No need to fear a real STEAK. Glad your sister enjoyed her meal and sinful birthday dessert.

    ReplyDelete