Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Brought down a notch

I did a loan of laundry this morning but when I walked across the street to dry it, the door had a sign saying Closed Until Further Notice.  There have been numerous machine out of service lately, but I think it's to do with the fact that they enclosed the only open space (small, at that)  in the entire Park, which is next to the laundry, to make a dog park.  They were busy digging for weeks before all this was accomplished, way more than would have been required to plant the fence poles.  They've continued to dig around the area even since the opening of the dog park.  I think they messed up the plumbing out of the laundry room.

So I took my basket of laundry and went out to find a laundromat to dry it.  I cruised through several shopping areas to no avail.  I finally had to drive over to a part of Rancho Cordova that is not the best, to a laundromat I knew was there.  

So I went inside and found a spotless and immaculately cared for laundry, every machine working, and a full time attendant who was wiping down all the machines, sweeping the floor, etc.  From feeling pretty uppity about the area, I was brought down to reality.  You can't judge a book by its cover!  The laugh is on me.

Last night I cooked chicken and made the best chicken vegetable soup I've ever made; I am waiting for the left-over soup to warm up for my lunch.  I also have enough broth and chicken to either make more soup, or maybe soup and chicken enchiladas.  Not wanting to mess with tortillas and wrapping the enchiladas I might just go with soup.  My daughter-in-law Sarah made the best enchiladas for our Christmas gathering, and I know I could never match hers.

It's nice to have a couple of dry days between the rain.  I haven't heard one person complain about rain, and I think everyone is hoping it continues for the next month or so.

8 comments:

  1. We have a really nice laundromat here in AJ and I like it better than the one here in the park. They have all size machines and big dryers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been in some nice laundromats all over the country. This was a real adjustment when we first started fulltiming, as we did not want a washer/dryer in the RV. We preferred that space for storage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a good time to not have your laundra mat not open with all the rain. Glad the one you found was nice and clean. Nothing worse than a filthy laundry place. Found a few of those over the years while camping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are still doing loaned laundry we need to talk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very correct in saying you can't judge a book by its cover. That goes for places and people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about your having to drive your laundry rather than walk it to the machines. Hope they get it fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have chicken broth in the freezer and some chicken as well, all from a Costco buy (love the $5 ready to eat chicken there), and also some wild rice given to me by the guy who harvested it in MN. I'm thinking some cooking is on tap this weekend for me. Maybe another chicken as well. (Can't spell rotisseriea/rotiseria/whatever chicken)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for chicken soup! Hope it makes you feel really good! ;->

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete