Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, January 18, 2016

I thought I would die!

First, let me say it's an absolutely drop-dead gorgeous day here.  It may turn cloudy later in the day and will probably drop some moisture, but for now it is perfect!

I only see my chiropractor every two weeks now, so this is the first since my accident on the treadmill.  I'm doing much better although I still had sore ribs.  He did a mild adjustment on my neck and then on my ribcage, and that's when I thought I would die.  It was like everything happened all over again - the pain, having difficulty catching my breath, etc.  Before I left his office I felt 1000% better, and now that I'm home - dare I say it - I have no rib pain at all!

I'm sure if I had gone to my regular doctor when this happened, he would have ordered x-rays plus prescribed heavy duty pain killers that would have caused problems with my heart.  Who knows what else he would have done or told me to do or pills to take.  Thank God for chiropractic and for me finding one of the best around!

I have all the ingredients to make creamy chicken vegetable soup, but I'll probably do that tomorrow.  I put the chicken in the freezer when I brought them home, and two large chicken breasts will take a while to thaw.  I work at the library tomorrow, and hope to increase my hours of work.  I like the idea that I was only committed to working one hour each week when I started, as it gave me a chance to adapt without stress, and also gave the vol. coordinator a chance to see how I work.  But now it makes sense to add an hour or two since I have to drive there anyway.

I want to start clearing unused items from my house, and organizing what's left.  The trouble is that I just don't know where to begin.  I think I have a mental block against decision making.

I hope Jeannie & Donald get "down the hill" from Lake Tahoe before another bout of rain and snow hits the highways.  It is a curvy road that is totally downhill all the way, no matter which route you take - US (Freeway) 50, or I-80.  I think I-80 between Reno and Sacramento is the worst highway I've ever driven on, but US 50 has some stretches that aren't divided highway and some people will go the long way around to I-80 to avoid it.   I love 50 except when arriving in the town of Lake Tahoe itself, mainly because of the slow traffic, people walking everywhere, and the crowds in general.

It's time for me to get started doing something - I've been taking it easy for too long.

5 comments:

  1. Finally you feel better. That is great. I know that chiropractors really do a good job for Jim. Enjoy your soup and let us know if they get home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally you feel better. That is great. I know that chiropractors really do a good job for Jim. Enjoy your soup and let us know if they get home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the chiropractor saved you a lot of hassle and money:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been working on the 'core' in yoga and oh, my.. for a couple days after I am sore!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good to hear you are all fixed up.

    I keep clearing out but I never see any less stuff. But I keep trying

    ReplyDelete