Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Checkin' In

Not much to relate except that my ribs feel a whole lot better - now they just ache rather than hurt!  I did the gym thing last night and went easy on the upper body stuff, but I was a little sore this morning.

I was up and out the door early for the market, and bought what I could from the fewer vendors and offerings.  In another month or two there will be much more beautiful California produce, but I got things I need and like to cook - a beautiful small head of cauliflower included.

Then to Costco where I spent more money than planned.  Why is it always like that?  I shouldn't go hungry the rest of the month, even if I am broke!

When Jeannie picked me up last night to drive to the gym she brought a small container of soup made by Chef Donald.  It was so delicious and I ate it all when I came home from the gym.  Now I'm determined to make some soup, but it's difficult to make it in small quantities.  I'm thinking of offering some of the ingredients to Donald and asking him to make enough extra for a few meals for me.  In fact that sounds like a wonderful idea and I will be totally nourished!

Jeannie, Donald, and girls are off to the mountains this afternoon so the girls can play in the snow.   They will stay through the holiday weekend at my sister's house in Carson City, NV.  Jeannie asked if I would like to go along, but I had to pass on that.  While I would love to be in some snow, I don't think the drive up and back, plus the holiday crowds, is worth it.

In fact I've come to the conclusion that outside of nearby camping opportunities, I'm finished with traveling after my spring trip to NY and summer trip to Alaska.  I don't know when I got so old I wouldn't want to travel anymore, but it crept up on me.  I think if I had a companion who like to travel the same way I do - few miles per day, camping in beautiful places, etc., no timetables or destinations written in stone, I might feel differently.

The bands of rain keep coming and will continue for a while.  The temps are milder than they were last week, so it is a little easier on me.  I have been wearing what's left of my wonderful backpacking long underwear, and I stay toasty warm.  My hands and nose are always cold though.  This too shall pass!

6 comments:

  1. Does that mean that you don't want to buy my motorhome? (grin)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your ribs are better. Your experience at Costco is exactly why I try not to go to any big box stores. I always come out with way more than I intended.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost dread going to costco cause I know we'll spend. I still get hitch itch but nothing like I used to. I think all of Jim's health issues have a lot to do with how I feel. It's a lot if work for him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost dread going to costco cause I know we'll spend. I still get hitch itch but nothing like I used to. I think all of Jim's health issues have a lot to do with how I feel. It's a lot if work for him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to get a Costco card but am afraid of the money I will spend, but my daughter said the gas is $1.59 with the card. That's 10 cents cheaper than most stations in town.

    I feel like you about traveling now too. It would be nice to share the trip with.

    Good to hear the ribs are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both Kelly & I have noticed a definite change in our traveling desires this past year or two as well. It was once something we so much looked forward to & lately those once strong desires are slowly slipping away. It's just not the same as it once was & we both know our best RVing days are now behind us.

    ReplyDelete