Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Rain and Wind

I  could hear the rain on the roof during the night, but this morning the winds came through.  They aren't constant, but seems to blow in bands, regularly spaced and timed, just like it is shown on TV weather maps.  We are going to get some accumulation out of this one, although the big problem is usually that the storm drains can't handle it.

The snow bunnies are back from the mountains.  Jeannie called me around 6pm and said they had just gotten back, and that they had a wonderful time.  Autumn loved the snow, and Arianna loved the dog.  My sister has a big golden haired labradoodle, (the size of a large standard poodle) and I'm sure the dog enjoyed the little girl as much as the little girl enjoyed the dog.  Arianna has a slight allergy to dogs and cats, mainly when she pets and plays with them and then touches her eyes.  I'm relieved that they had a safe and fun trip - I don't think I worried nearly as much when I was younger.

I'm off to work now.  That sounds weird to me since I've been retired since 1996, with the exception of a few volunteer jobs throughout the years.  The rain is still coming down and the wind is blowing, but it looks like the sun is trying to break through the clouds.  

2 comments:

  1. Rain on the roof at night makes me sleep better, just as long as it doesn't turn into a storm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the family had a good time and made it home safe.

    I like the sound of rain on the roof too it relaxes me.

    ReplyDelete