Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Exercising

I'm feeling pretty good today, and still experiencing the after-effects of working out at the gym last night.  I'm still taking it relatively easy so as not to aggravate my ribs, but what I do sure has me feeling great.  There is a machine Jeannie always uses that I had no idea what it was supposed to do, so I asked her last night what part of the body is it good for, and she replied "The Butt!"  Well, I decided I'd try it, and don't ask me why a 75 yr old woman is concerned with having a fine butt, but we'll see how it works.  I tried the machine and it actually feels pretty good, and will be part of my routine from now on.  I even spent 5 or 6 minutes in the sauna, an accomplishment since I usually don't stay more than a couple of minutes.  It probably wasn't as hot as it often is.  I also walked this morning on the treadmill - just about a mile and a quarter at 3.5 mph, plus a 4 min. cool down.  Not all that much, but I think I feel better when I do it at least 5 days/wk.

I got my rent bill this morning which includes utilities, and nearly fell over.  And to think I'm not even warm, but I guess the gas heat once in a while, plus the electric space heater, keeps me alive.  There isn't much I can do unless it's to replace all windows and doors to get some air-tightness.  I'm leaving the gas heat setting on 55 from now on!

Still waiting on the locks being replaced on the laundry room equipment, while the laundry is stacking up.  I haven't done towels for quite a while, and although I still have plenty of clean towels, they take a lot of room in a laundry basket.  When I go to the office to pay my rent I'm hoping to get a little more info on the "laundry room caper".

Someone gave Ara an airline voucher for a free trip that has to be used by this weekend, so she is flying here on Friday and going home Sunday.  It's a quick trip but it's nice to see her often.

It's pretty gloomy looking outside today although the rain doesn't start until tomorrow.

I wish I had more to say, but the story of my life is pretty much uneventful right now and nothing much is happening. 

  

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Gypsy. I am always glad to find a post from you, no matter what you talk about. Good for you on the exercise front! I am into knitting and quilting---both sit down activities that sure don't excercise my butt! I'm glad you'll see Ara this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I applaud you for doing all those exercises. I figure I get enough exercise by rocking in my rocker/recliner. . (grin).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some bad windows in my place too. I was hoping to be able to change out a couple at a time starting in my bedroom. I thought of putting up that plastic stuff on the inside but it would have to go over the blinds and that won't work. If I can't get new windows I thing I am going to hang heavey drapes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the exercising. The older we get, the more we need it.

    ReplyDelete