Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, July 11, 2010

World Cup

Jeannie wanted to stay home this morning and watch the World Cup which came on about 11:30 a.m. here in the west. I went over and watched a bit of it although I can say I am no longer interested in competitive sports. The cerveza will be flowing in the DC-MD-VA metro area this evening! I was glad to see Spain win, although I would have preferred it to be just one european team and one from someplace else on the globe.

My granddaughter has been complaining about her foot hurting for some time, and there was a bump where it felt like bone protruding. She finally saw a doctor who didn't think it was anything serious but had an x-ray taken (I'm sure it was a CYA thing on his part). It turns out she has a fracture that has no doubt begun to heal incorrectly. She has to wear a boot until the end of August, but if it still hasn't healed properly then they "will try something else". That puts an end to a job that had her standing on her feet all day long.

Arianna has finally started walking a few steps at a time. When we were camping she was very proud of herself for standing up unassisted, and she really wanted to take a step or two. So now she can do it, except if she wants to get someplace fast. The pediatrician saw her last week and said her two top front teeth are ready to push through, so she is on the crabby side.

I got up earlier than usual this morning because I thought we'd be leaving early for the market, so I will probably turn in early tonight - hopefully I can wait until it gets dark - but I wouldn't bet on it.

2 comments:

  1. Know exactly what you mean by not liking competitive sports.....Baaaa Humbug!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too bad about your granddaughter's foot. Summer is a rough time to have to wear a big boot on your foot that's for sure! I watched the entire World Cup game and really enjoyed it. I was glad to see Spain win as I thought they were the better team.

    ReplyDelete